FTP for Mac OS X

HoddzDJ

Okay, I am new to the Mace scene and so glad I have made the switch over to the fruit, but I'm looking for a stable FTP client so I can keep updating files on my XenForo installation on my Mac rather than having to switch back over to my Windows PC. Any ideas on the best, not bothered about paying if it is a decent client and it comes recommended =].

I used to use CuteFTP Pro for Mac, but it has issues with Lion and Globalscape doesn't seem interested in fixing them so I've switched Cyberduck... Wish I'd switched sooner. :)

I use filezilla as well. The only time I use Transmit is if I need to one way sync 2 folders. Filezilla is a great program though and available on just about any platform.

Apparently Transmit has a version to download which does not cost to download, and they offer the program for sale.

Could anyone say how that works? Is the downloaded program for a limited time, or limited function use? I did see something mentioned about 'serial numbers'..

I looked in the faqs..

I have now got Cyberduck and it seems pretty good, gonna look into Filezilla in a sec and see if that would be worth getting as an alternative. Then I think I will have pretty much everything I need on here, other than my iTunes Library but that is causing me all sorts of headaches aha!

Cyberduck for me too, use it everyday - great on the mac, awful on windows though. I had a lot of issues with CuteFTP not reading some asian characters on certain setups so I stopped using it.

Apparently Transmit has a version to download which does not cost to download, and they offer the program for sale.

Could anyone say how that works? Is the downloaded program for a limited time, or limited function use? I did see something mentioned about 'serial numbers'..

I looked in the faqs..
anyone?

I downloaded it, and it is in my downloads. I clicked on it and it seems to work ok...

I did not purchase it, will it stop working at some point? Are there more features to be unlocked?

anyone?

I downloaded it, and it is in my downloads. I clicked on it and it seems to work ok...

I did not purchase it, will it stop working at some point? Are there more features to be unlocked?

It'll simply stop working after certain period of time I believe. But it's a great purchase, really good software right there.

Cyberduck seems to be working great so far, think I'm gonna stick with it and make a donation cos it has worked a breeze so far!

anyone?

You downloaded the trial version. Upper right hand corner should have a time limit left on it. However...

Transmit is what I use and it is totally worth the money it costs. If you plan on doing web development. Coda, their software for that, is amazing. I recommend them, highly.

Top Bottom