Froala License Compliance

We have received this too. Actually we received two of them, the second one saying amongst other things:
Therefore, in the event that you do not enter into contact with Froala in the next 7 days, this case will be forwarded for immediate legal action.

First Email 18/03
Second Email 28/03

Last edited:
We have received this too. Actually we received two of them, the second one saying amongst other things:
Therefore, in the event that you do not enter into contact with Froala in the next 7 days, this case will be forwarded for immediate legal action.
First Email 18/03
Second Email 28/03
Let their lawyer contact you.

First Email 18/03
Second Email 28/03

I don't know what their expectations are, but it's needless!

@Mike I don't want to be misunderstood, but Is this situation that about WYSIWYG HTML Editor or JS?

We've contacted Froala to make it clear that sending these types of messages to our customers isn't acceptable. They have assured us they will fix their processes, but time will tell.

@Mike I don't want to be misunderstood, but Is this situation that about WYSIWYG HTML Editor or JS?
I don't really understand the question. The RTE (WYSIWYG) editor is mostly JS, but yes, that's what this relates to.

I personally will have zero hesitation to forward their correspondence to my own attorney to pursue a legal complaint and punishment against them for unnecessary harassment and false accusations in accordance with zero violation of their licensing terms. My legal complaint against them will request payment to me for needless harassment. And the case will be stronger because it is a pattern, as evidenced in this thread.

Unfortunately sometimes (as with a child) one only learns a lasting lesson by putting their hand on a hot stove.

I will report here if I receive a notification from them, and of my response.

Perhaps. But I’d be willing to bet that most companies don’t legally threaten their customers’ customers with baseless accusations, either.

if I was XF, I’d be re-evaluating whether to continue doing business with such a company.

In any case, it behooves XF to put out an official statement in the form of a blog post, web page or press release to

1) Reassure XF customers that they haven’t done anything wrong and are not in any sort of legal jeopardy. Customers don’t want to license software and get threatened!

2) provide a public statement that is linkable, which XF customers and others can use as a reference and indemnifying shield when responding to correspondence and legal threats by this company

3) make a public statement aimed at the Froala company itself, pointing out the errors of its ways in a succinct, non-inflammatory way. Purpose: to get it to back off by publicly exposing what is happening and increasing awareness & transparency

IMHO this has the potential to be a big deal if Froala keeps pursuing licensees’ customers. Pointing people to this thread is not enough. An official statement/response is warranted for the reasons above.

Last edited:
sent the link to this thread today, after I received another email from them.
Response:

Hi,

Thank you very much for the information and for helping us resolve this.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

At the same time @Chris D , strike while the communication path is open, and ask them to please fix the iPhone editing bug with their product as your users are having real problems with it :)

Top Bottom