Adsense consent management compliance

Jon12345

I got an email this month from Google with the following title: New consent management platform requirements for serving ads in the EEA and UK

It states that soon people using Adsense must use a Google-certified CMP that integrates with IAB Europe’s Transparency and Consent Framework (TCF) when serving ads to users in the European Economic Area or the UK.

Maybe I have misunderstood Google's email, I dunno.

My question is, will Xenforo be Google-certified or will I have to stop using Adsense on my forum?

My question is, will Xenforo be Google-certified or will I have to stop using Adsense on my forum?

XenForo's cookie consent System ist not a CMP (content management platform) nor does it deal with TCF. So, even if they try, they could not get certified.

If you run Google ads at your forum you need a third party solution for TCF management. I think that all of the currently available solutions with TCF handling will get certified.

If you run Google ads at your forum you need a third party solution for TCF management. I think that all of the currently available solutions with TCF handling will get certified.
Current certified ones

This list will get expanded greatly. It is still plenty of time until the end of the year.
I think that in the end almost all currently available CMPs will get "certified".
Most likely.. and since I don't use ads I'm not really worried about it... but that's the current list for those that have a burn for "we need it now".

Top Bottom