Friends by Waindigo [Deleted]

Is there an import of friends from vbulletin?
If someone denies a friend request, then will the sender receive a notification or not?

Closely tied to friends is profile privacy settings. Is there functionality to restrict profile content to friends?

Is there an import of friends from vbulletin?
Not yet.

If someone denies a friend request, then will the sender receive a notification or not?
As far as I remember, not.

Closely tied to friends is profile privacy settings. Is there functionality to restrict profile content to friends?

No. This is the sort of thing that I would like to add to this add-on but haven't quite figured out how yet:
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/privacy-groups-by-waindigo.1752/
At the moment, it is only possible to restrict to people who have a certain number of friends, which you can do using the above add-on in conjunction with this add-on:
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/user-criteria-by-waindigo.813/

Is there any way I can add the friends count to the member card?
In the template member_card, between <xen:hook name="member_card_stats"> and </xen:hook> add the line:
HTML:
<dt>{xen:phrase waindigo_friends_friend}:</dt> <dd><a href="{xen:link members/friends, $user}" class="concealed OverlayTrigger">{xen:number $user.friend_count}</a></dd>

I use XenForo 1.2.0 Release Candidate 2 with the default theme. In the moment it's a local installation of XenForo on localhost.

Last edited:
I use XenForo 1.2.0 Release Candidate 2 with the default theme. In the moment it's a local installation of XenForo on localhost.
I'm unable to replicate this issue. Do you think you might have another add-on installed that is conflicting? Do you have any other add-ons installed that add blocks to that area? Also, make sure that the friendship is confirmed, otherwise it won't appear there.

I think I found a bug.

In the settings the field "Require follow before requesting friendship?" is disabled, so I can add someone as a friend without following him. But in the profile the fields just appearing, if I follow the friend.

Does this addon now allow friendship without following?
I need following to be completely separate so that you can follow non-friends and be friends with people you do not follow.

Top Bottom