Friends by Waindigo [Deleted]

Does this addon now allow friendship without following?
I need following to be completely separate so that you can follow non-friends and be friends with people you do not follow.
Yes. This has been an option since version 1.0.1.

@Waindigo Can you optimize this add-on by cache or disable mutual friend? My forum had 700.000 member. When I install to my forum, profile page become very very slow.

Before enable Friend:
Timing: 0,2725 seconds; Memory: 11,227 MB; DB Queries: 54

After enable Friend:
Timing: 6,2074 seconds; Memory: 11,321 MB; DB Queries: 56

Please fix it, thanks Waindigo for very useful addon.

Please send me a PM to discuss contributing for this. I expect that your site of 700,000 members might be considered as a commercial site anyway, so contributing is a good way of getting a free license to use this add-on for your site.

Reactions: Cao
This might be out of the scope of this addon but I would like to have the option for the follow feature enabled only for friends.

ALLOW ONLY FRIENDS TO FOLLOW?
ALLOW ANYBODY TO FOLLOW?

Basically I dont want strangers being able to stalk other members; give permission for someone to follow you by being a friend first.

Auto follow someone upon friending; option to disable following of friend.

Option to hide friend list from others.
Option to hide following/followers from others.

Friend list limit set by usergroup.
Follow limit set by usergroup.

I also have no use for the personal friend feature.

Let me know if you can incorporate these features.

Reactions: Cao
this add one works fine for xenforo 1.2.2 but the widget/friends sidebar doesn't show any where.

i tried using the widget frame work to show a template called "waindigo_member_view_friend_blocks_friend" and it still doesn't show the friends sidebar, i know that some other site has it running with same version of xenforo as i do but i am not sure how they did it + they wont share the secret :( & they using same style as i am "Fusion Gamer"

i believe they edited the template:
member_view and added something new inside the followblock

but i am unsure what it is

i had an attempt in trying to code this but it doesn't work :(
template: member_view
Code:
<xen:if is="{$following} OR {$followers} OR {$friends}">
        <div class="followBlocks">
            <xen:if is="{$friends}">
                <div class="section">
                    <h3 class="subHeading textWithCount" title="{xen:phrase waindigo_friends_friend, 'name={$user.username}', 'count={xen:number $user.friend_count}'}">
                        <span class="text">{xen:phrase Friends}</span>
                        <a href="{xen:link members/friends, $user}" class="count OverlayTrigger">{xen:number $user.friend_count}</a>
                    </h3>
                    <div class="primaryContent avatarHeap">
                        <ol>
                        <xen:foreach loop="$friends" key="$friendUserId" value="$friend">
                            <li>
                                <xen:avatar user="$friendUser" size="s" text="{$friendUser.username}" class="Tooltip" title="{$friendUser.username}" itemprop="contact" />
                            </li>
                        </xen:foreach>
                        </ol>
                    </div>
                    <xen:if is="{$friendsCount} > {xen:count $friends, false}">
                        <div class="sectionFooter"><a href="{xen:link members/friends, $user}" class="OverlayTrigger">{xen:phrase show_all}</a></div>
                    </xen:if>
                </div>

<xen:if is="{$following}">
                <div class="section">
                    <h3 class="subHeading textWithCount" title="{xen:phrase x_is_following_y_members, 'name={$user.username}', 'count={xen:number $followingCount}'}">
                        <span class="text">{xen:phrase following}</span>
                        <a href="{xen:link 'members/following', $user}" class="count OverlayTrigger">{xen:number $followingCount}</a>
                    </h3>
                        <ol>
                        <xen:foreach loop="$following" key="$followUserId" value="$followUser">
                            <li>
                                <xen:avatar user="$followUser" size="s" text="{$followUser.username}" class="Tooltip" title="{$followUser.username}" itemprop="contact" />
                            </li>
                        </ol>
                    </div>
                    <xen:if is="{$followingCount} > {xen:count $following, false}">
                        <div class="sectionFooter"><a href="{xen:link 'members/following', $user}" class="OverlayTrigger">{xen:phrase show_all}</a></div>
                </div>

<xen:if is="{$followers}">
                <div class="section">
                    <h3 class="subHeading textWithCount" title="{xen:phrase x_is_being_followed_by_y_members, 'name={$user.username}', 'count={xen:number $followersCount}'}">
                        <span class="text">{xen:phrase followers}</span>
                        <a href="{xen:link 'members/followers', $user}" class="count OverlayTrigger">{xen:number $followersCount}</a>
                    </h3>
                        <ol>
                        <xen:foreach loop="$followers" key="$followUserId" value="$followUser">
                            <li>
                                <xen:avatar user="$followUser" size="s" text="{$followUser.username}" class="Tooltip" title="{$followUser.username}" itemprop="contact" />
                            </li>
                        </ol>
                    </div>
                    <xen:if is="{$followersCount} > {xen:count $followers, false}">
                        <div class="sectionFooter"><a href="{xen:link 'members/followers', $user}" class="OverlayTrigger">{xen:phrase show_all}</a></div>
                </div>
        </div>

Probably best to speak to the developer of that style. I assume if you switch back to the default theme that it all works fine?

no it dose not work on default either
Are you sure you are looking at the profile of a user that actually has friends? You might also want to test with all other add-ons disabled in case one of them is conflicting with this add-on.

ok nm it works, i tested it in my testing board the user must have friends for it to show, though the counter thing on the member card where likes, trophies points and all of that is not working, i cannot see a sub heading called friends i did follow this post but it does not work:

In the template member_card, between <xen:hook name="member_card_stats"> and </xen:hook> add the line:
HTML:
<dt>{xen:phrase waindigo_friends_friend}:</dt> <dd><a href="{xen:link members/friends, $user}" class="concealed OverlayTrigger">{xen:number $user.friend_count}</a></dd>

Where can a member see and edit their friends' list?

Also, was the server lag (reported by a previous poster in this thread) resolved / identified?

When attempting to install I receive the following error: "Please enter a valid callback method (Waindigo_Friends_Listener_FileHealthCheck::fileHealthCheck)"

Not sure what to do with that..

When attempting to install I receive the following error: "Please enter a valid callback method (Waindigo_Friends_Listener_FileHealthCheck::fileHealthCheck)"

Not sure what to do with that..
Try re-uploading the files. You seem to be missing one.

Is there a way to limit the number of friends that get loaded on a profile page?

Edit: Does this add on not cache any data at all :|

Last edited:
Is there a way to limit the number of friends that get loaded on a profile page?

Edit: Does this add on not cache any data at all :|
Please PM me if you wish to discuss contributing to either of these features. The add-ons we release are developed to the specifications of those who contribute and kindly agree to allow us to release the resulting work, so if there is no caching it is because it is not something that was required by any contributor up until now.

Top Bottom