Friends by Waindigo [Deleted]

This has been reported before. As far as I know, it is a bug with the Post Ratings add-on. Since that is a paid add-on, I can't provide any further support.

This might be out of the scope of this addon but I would like to have the option for the follow feature enabled only for friends.

ALLOW ONLY FRIENDS TO FOLLOW?
ALLOW ANYBODY TO FOLLOW?

Basically I dont want strangers being able to stalk other members; give permission for someone to follow you by being a friend first.

Auto follow someone upon friending; option to disable following of friend.

Option to hide friend list from others.
Option to hide following/followers from others.

Friend list limit set by usergroup.
Follow limit set by usergroup.

I also have no use for the personal friend feature.

Let me know if you can incorporate these features.

Anyone want to help contribute to something like this?

@Waindigo Shouldn't there be a section in 'account' for friends? Just like there is a section for 'people you follow' and 'people you ignore'? Is this not present or do I have a bug?
If its not present then please consider to add this.

There is no limit in the number of users this addon shows. If the user has thousands of friends, then there will be thousands of avatars on the page making the page endlessly long. I think this addon should respect the same limit as followers and following blocks have.

Page loading takes a very long time on profiles with lots of friends.

Last edited:
If a user (a friend of mine) is deleted, the friendship still appears in the profile. In my opinion, that's a bug. ;)

I have some members with a metric ton of friends, and it takes up like a ridiculous amount of space on the sidebar.

There has to be a more efficient way of showing mass amounts of friends.

Reactions: HWS
I have some members with a metric ton of friends, and it takes up like a ridiculous amount of space on the sidebar.

There has to be a more efficient way of showing mass amounts of friends.
Always happy to make changes to make add-ons look better. Please do get in touch by PM to discuss contributing.

I'm trying to modify Model/User.php but the changes are not reflecting, and debug info is still showing the default query of the add on. Any suggestions on why this is happening?

Without knowing what you are modifying I can't help. Can you share the modification?

I'm trying to edit public function getUserFriends to limit the query to 30 results. Any modifications I make to the query there aren't actually being made, according to the debug info.

I'm trying to edit public function getUserFriends to limit the query to 30 results. Any modifications I make to the query there aren't actually being made, according to the debug info.
You need to make sure that your modification is being called after this add-on. You can do this by setting the Callback Execution Order to a higher number in the Code Event Listener.

I noticed the existence of Extend/XenForo/Model/User.php, and modifying the function there works. Is there a reason for this redundancy

It will depend on what options you have set. Check the profile of a member who you are following, as I think this is the default option that you have to follow a member first.

Bug report: profiles with a lot of friends take over 86 seconds to load. And that's on a development site, without any active users on it.

XenForo Debug Output 2014-04-21 15-33-25.webp

Related issue:
Jon, could you please limit the friends block in the same way that followers block is limited? Its causing loading issues on my site, because some members have hundreds of friends. The profile page becomes extremely long. (over 10 page folds)
There is no limit in the number of users this addon shows. If the user has thousands of friends, then there will be thousands of avatars on the page making the page endlessly long. I think this addon should respect the same limit as followers and following blocks have.

Last edited:
I've discussed this earlier in this thread! Jon said, the AddOn wasn't made for that amount of friends (and I'm the one who paid for the initial development). :(

Well, I've paid for a big board importer, so I'm sure that Jon will agree that it should work for big boards. Otherwise there is not much sense in developing an importer for it.

Top Bottom