ForumSolution-Complete services of forum (Development , Design , Migration and more)

To be honest @Wanji - you left me a bad review on my resource that didn’t make any sense after hearing the copyright removal’s additional fee. While it wasn’t even a high price. You seem to have a problem with prices that we ask as sellers, developers, etc.

It’s perfectly normal to negotiate - I do it too. But don’t leave bad reviews, or criticize people if you can’t get what you want.

Edit: and I know you said you couldn’t edit the review even if you wanted to. So that says that you recognize your review was not honest.

I’m not mad you left a bad review, but wanted to give you my thoughts on this matter nonetheless.

To be honest @Wanji - you left me a bad review on my resource that didn’t make any sense after hearing the copyright removal’s additional fee. While it wasn’t even a high price. You seem to have a problem with prices that we ask as sellers, developers, etc.

It’s perfectly normal to negotiate - I do it too. But don’t leave bad reviews, or criticize people if you can’t get what you want.

Edit: and I know you said you couldn’t edit the review even if you wanted to. So that says that you recognize your review was not honest.

I’m not mad you left a bad review, but wanted to give you my thoughts on this matter nonetheless.
3 Stars = bad reviews?

Instead of commenting here, it's better if you give me a solution (see my message in the thread of the theme I bought).

Last edited:
Yes it is . Read the Xenforo's rules 2 and 3 .

It doesn't break either of those rules; those are more for actual arguments that arise in threads, and there is some general leniency.

Sharing estimates given by developer is not unfair, or unexpected. It is very common to shop around when contacting developers, and should be expected that their pricing should be public. Honestly, every developer I work with is very transparent about their pricing or at least their hourly rate 🤷‍♂️.

That said, $3k for a LMS is insanely cheap, if it is fully featured and of good coding standards. The only concern I would have been the code quality as I have never seen work by ForumSolution publicly, and I do not know if he's been vetted by other developers I work with yet.

It doesn't break either of those rules; those are more for actual arguments that arise in threads, and there is some general leniency.

Sharing estimates given by developer is not unfair, or unexpected. It is very common to shop around when contacting developers, and should be expected that their pricing should be public. Honestly, every developer I work with is very transparent about their pricing or at least their hourly rate 🤷‍♂️.

That said, $3k for a LMS is insanely cheap, if it is fully featured and of good coding standards. The only concern I would have been the code quality as I have never seen work by ForumSolution publicly, and I do not know if he's been vetted by other developers I work with yet.
I am not a developer. So I have no knowledge about their salary. What I discussed with him was LMS addon, specific like H5P content. He asked for 3000 usd (equivalent to 48,527,850 rupiah). For me it is too expensive, I compared it with Xenforo license or some addons (I bought quiz addon for 40 dollars here). I also compared it with LMS addon price for WordPress which I bought for 69 dollars.

I am not a developer. So I have no knowledge about their salary. What I discussed with him was LMS addon, specific like H5P content. He asked for 3000 usd (equivalent to 48,527,850 rupiah). For me it is too expensive, I compared it with Xenforo license or some addons (I bought quiz addon for 40 dollars here). I also compared it with LMS addon price for WordPress which I bought for 69 dollars.
Why are you reaching out to a developer if you don't understand what custom development means. Do you think you can find a developer to create a new forum like Xenforo for just $40. Creating a solution just for one customer is very different from the addons that are already available.

Why are you reaching out to a developer if you don't understand what custom development means. Do you think you can find a developer to create a new forum like Xenforo for just $40. Creating a solution just for one customer is very different from the addons that are already available.
He was the one who contacted me first via direct message.

If I don't understand anything about plumbing, does that prohibit me from contacting a plumber?
No, but if I ask a plumber to help me make my own materials that you can't buy in stores, I know it will cost a lot because it's just for me. Regular materials might cost 1 cent, but will he charge me 100 cents or more. First, he will make a mold for the material I need and other things to create it just for me. I want to know who will pay for these costs - the plumber or me. It's simple: since I need it, I will pay for everything. This doesn't mean that I keep saying this plumber is very expensive. A regular material costs 1 cent, but they are charging 100 cents. Every buyer needs to understand this basic rule. If you need something for XenForo, first look in the XenForo Resource Manager. If you don't find it there, you can ask a developer for a custom solution. But remember, it won't just cost $40 or $50 if the developer will take a month or more to create it.

No, but if I ask a plumber to help me make my own materials that you can't buy in stores, I know it will cost a lot because it's just for me. Regular materials might cost 1 cent, but will he charge me 100 cents or more. First, he will make a mold for the material I need and other things to create it just for me. I want to know who will pay for these costs - the plumber or me. It's simple: since I need it, I will pay for everything. This doesn't mean that I keep saying this plumber is very expensive. A regular material costs 1 cent, but they are charging 100 cents. Every buyer needs to understand this basic rule. If you need something for XenForo, first look in the XenForo Resource Manager. If you don't find it there, you can ask a developer for a custom solution. But remember, it won't just cost $40 or $50 if the developer will take a month or more to create it.
What's the problem if I say it's expensive? You can just say find a developer you can hire. No need to say it's unethical, hurting other people's business, etc.
This thread constantly being bumped is probably doing more for his business than the 3,000 😂
That's good.

The only option I know of for an LMS for XenForo is $1000/year from ThemeHouse, as part of their full access catalog membership.

Most developers I have worked with run between $75 and $150 an hour, some charge more depending on their capabilities or where they live. At that hourly rate, they would have only put 20-40 hours into working on the LMS.

A basic LMS running $3k is extremely low for the complexity of the add-on, but again comes down to the quality of the product they give you.

The only option I know of for an LMS for XenForo is $1000/year from ThemeHouse, as part of their full access catalog membership.

Most developers I have worked with run between $75 and $150 an hour, some charge more depending on their capabilities or where they live. At that hourly rate, they would have only put 20-40 hours into working on the LMS.

A basic LMS running $3k is extremely low for the complexity of the add-on, but again comes down to the quality of the product they give you.
Actually, what I want is not an LMS like the one in WordPress, but a quiz addon that is similar to H5P content.

Just for your information, I have bought a quiz addon developed by @XenConcept . This is enough for me. Moreover, recently @XenConcept has improved its addon by adding quiz types from only one to two. I believe it will improve further in the next version.

Now I understand, to make an addon like H5P is indeed very, very difficult. The price of 3000 dollars is too cheap. @forumSolution is too kind to me by giving that price. In fact, if from the beginning I understood the complexity of the addon to be made, the price offered to me should have been at least 30,000 dollars. I was too stupid to refuse the offer of 3000 dollars. But never mind, I and @forumSolution are not meant to be. Maybe in the next life.

Honest question...what did you hope to accomplish by coming into the thread, never having had any actual work done, to call out a price you say it's too rich? And then you say it's too cheap. And in the same breath, start to call out OTHER add-ons, etc.

There was absolutely no purpose in your post. Thats like me walking into a Ferrari dealership because I got an invite to check it out, finding out Ferraris cost 200k and then posting "too rich for my blood".

It's a bad look and I'm sure you didn't mean it to be.

Honest question...what did you hope to accomplish by coming into the thread, never having had any actual work done, to call out a price you say it's too rich? And then you say it's too cheap. And in the same breath, start to call out OTHER add-ons, etc.

There was absolutely no purpose in your post. Thats like me walking into a Ferrari dealership because I got an invite to check it out, finding out Ferraris cost 200k and then posting "too rich for my blood".

It's a bad look and I'm sure you didn't mean it to be.
Note: I'm trying to understand what you're saying. I asked Google translate to translate it. Hopefully it's accurate.

What do you mean by questioning my statement?

Some people say that $3000 is the cheapest. After I think about it, and try to think like people from upper-class economies (say from developed countries that use the dollar currency), it seems like $3000 is cheap. Then after considering the complexity of the addon to be made, I estimate it to be 10 times the price. Check this https://xenforo.com/community/threa...design-migration-and-more.202800/post-1698045

I mentioned other addons that I have purchased as a comparison. What's wrong with that?

Just trying to figure out what the goal is your original post was.
I'm gonna drop it tho and move on. As a current customer, I'm not helping @forumSolution by dragging this thread down.

My goal is to let people know the price he offered me is expensive. As far as I know, he never published his price. I reveal it here so that others know whether it is cheap, fair, or expensive. By my standards 3,000 dollars is expensive. Then people came to comment that it was too cheap. That made me think again, after reading their comments, considering the difficulty of making the addon, then I concluded the price should be 30,000 dollars.

I apologize if my logic is false/wrong.

Last edited:
@forumSolution do you think you could help us connect Nextcloud to XF through the new SSO?

I would also be interested in a custom design - shoot me a message, if you have some time (really no hurry though). :)

Back
Top Bottom