Forum emails need development

Morgain

I think the admin email needs a few tweak.
The categorisation of conditions on the email system is very good. But there are many situations where however good it is I just have a list of users to contact in similar, but not identical ways.

Sending individualised encouragement and instruction is so important but right now I have to do an awful lot of copy/ pasting.

It's because I cannot create and save template emails within the system.
I've just copy pasted the same subject line and email content around 50 times. This shouldn't be necessary.
It should be possible to create a template and then tweak it to the individual personalised email.

I don't understand why I cannot as this is a basic management tool to me. But anyway please put it on the list or someone do an addon!

Also on the Confirm page the two buttons to do a test email or really send it, are too close together.
They constantly muddle me - especially when getting tired doing a long series.

I've just copy pasted the same subject line and email content around 50 times.
If the subject line and content were the same, why did you send 50 individual emails?

One email would have sufficed.

If the subject line and content were the same, why did you send 50 individual emails?
One email would have sufficed.

As I said -

Sending individualised encouragement and instruction ...

It should be possible to create a template and then tweak it to the individual personalised email.

So you would want to be able to create 50 different templates, one for each user?
Or one for how ever many users you have?

Yes as I said

That is one template which can have personalised content added or in some cases a bit of it deleted.
This is a standard admin liaison method in business or community projects.

Thanks Brogan.

I don't understand how individual templates will help, unless you are sending exactly the same content every time.
If not, you will still have to edit each individual template to change the content before sending the email.

If it's simply a case of inserting the member's name to personalise it, then use the {name} token.

Yes I use {name}

But people don't like template emails. If you create one unless you're sending 100s and it can't be helped it's always better to add a little something to personalise it and make it obvious you're giving individual attention. This is a powerful marketing technique.

If you can click to open the template with its Subject and body Content all ready, you then just add the email address or in this case username. All email services do this (gmail has Forward)
Then put in a few words for individual polish - can be very simple like "I did like your post on X the other day" - which I can put in my Clippings addon to auto Paste.

Or as I am doing at the moment, a personal comment on past track/ or something in the new install I know will interest THIS member - plus advising their [name} + password to get them to come back to the new forum.

People respond MUCH more enthusiastically to a personalised message. No one likes spammy template communication.

Thanks Brogan - that would be very useful if I wanted to set up a newsletter. I'll note it for later.

However to send a personalised email to a selected list of members I know will respond the most actively it's not what's required. I can't send passwords out like that for example.
There are many other situations where I do this, as do a lot of people in marketing or customer relations.

XF has a very powerful; system of refined selection by category. XF also ensures it looks like an individual email.
But sometimes people just don't go into boxes and you do need to work on a selected list.
And INDIVIDUAL TREATMENT is the most powerful motivator to respond - apart from the solid prods like money, penalties etc.

Top Bottom