Who are you using to send your forum emails ?

Is there any reason to not just use your own server to send the normal XF emails aside from the example outlined in OP? Running a forum with ~19,000 members and rarely seem to have an issue - I receive a local relay alert for tons of emails every hour but they are not being blocked. Just trying to determine what the benefits to switching/paying are?

How do you get over the Amazon SES sending rate initially? If you have a forum with say 20,000 emails that need to go out for newsletter they reduce the total you can send AND how many you can send per second. I was able to overcome the amount problem but the rate of sending was too fast on Xenforo and always tripped up SES by going too fast. How did you throttle the send rate to go slow enough until SES allowed higher send rates per second?

Is there any reason to not just use your own server to send the normal XF emails aside from the example outlined in OP? Running a forum with ~19,000 members and rarely seem to have an issue - I receive a local relay alert for tons of emails every hour but they are not being blocked. Just trying to determine what the benefits to switching/paying are?

Still wondering on this

How do you get over the Amazon SES sending rate initially? If you have a forum with say 20,000 emails that need to go out for newsletter they reduce the total you can send AND how many you can send per second. I was able to overcome the amount problem but the rate of sending was too fast on Xenforo and always tripped up SES by going too fast. How did you throttle the send rate to go slow enough until SES allowed higher send rates per second?

Does anyone know what the send rate is for Xenforo?

Trying most top services out there throughout the years, including Amazon SES. I've settled down on www.sendinblue.com
The major advantage is that you pay for a dedicated IP once a year, and you don't need to take a higher limit package just to get the IP like sendgrid

Top Bottom