Food Fantasia

Thank you :) Here's a pic of Mike and Eva right where all my photos have been taken - note that even in the kitchen with his girlfriend there, I have Mike hard at work :)
Yeah, ordering the takeaway. :)

Oh, look, that also shows me writing with my left hand. *hears hisses from the crowd*

And for reference, I think that chilli is better with beef mince and streaky bacon. :p

Actually, he's just writing down what he and Eva want for dinner - he does get a break... occasionally :)
Is it a case of what they want and what they get are two different things?

I wish you hadn't posted that now, I want to work there... well not your personal kitchen obviously but a kitchen like that but alas I'm stuck with concrete.

Yeah, ordering the takeaway. :)

Oh, look, that also shows me writing with my left hand. *hears hisses from the crowd*

And for reference, I think that chilli is better with beef mince and streaky bacon. :p

Mike or Kier or in fact anyone else, is bacon in chilli a Brit thing or do other non-Brits also go the pig in the chilli? Never heard of that before.

No idea.

Personally I do lob in some bacon but not very often owing to the fact I frequently forget to acquire a pig.

Mike or Kier or in fact anyone else, is bacon in chilli a Brit thing or do other non-Brits also go the pig in the chilli? Never heard of that before.
It's something I learned from one of my co-directors when I was running AP3D, and it was so good it stuck.

My chilli:
  1. Chop a large onion and fry in olive oil over a high heat.
  2. As the onion takes some colour, add (a lot of) chopped garlic.
  3. Add smoked bacon cut into strips and fry for a minute or so.
  4. Add mince and fry it until the rawness is gone (I prefer turkey as it takes on far more of the flavour rather than imparting its own)
  5. Add a can of chopped tomatoes.
  6. Add a can of baked beans.
  7. Add cup of hot water into which has been disolved a chicken stock cube and a vegetable stock cube.
  8. Add (a lot of) hot chilli powder. (I use two different brands, which add their own characteristics)
  9. Stir well for a few minutes then reduce the heat to a simmer.
  10. Add a drained can of red kidney beans.
  11. Add a splash of soy sauce.
  12. Add a few drops of Worcester sauce.
  13. Cover and simmer for an hour or so, stirring occasionally.
Serve with steamed basmati rice and pitta bread.

Nothing particularly photogenic tonight, but extremely tasty things don't always look amazing.

Chilli con carne made with turkey mince and smoked back bacon - seriously scrummy.

Phwaaaaarrrrrrrr
dribble.gif

That looks really good! I love a good Chilli, Jethro makes a fabulous Chilli too! I have never had a turkey one, nor one with bacon, so will have to try that recipe.

I actually don't care for Turkey much, but I guess here the flavour would be well hidden by everything else.

Nice to see a bit more of your kitchen too :D very nice! One day I will get a better kitchen, we plan to rip this one out and replace it with a semi commercial kitchen when we have the dosh.

Nice to see a bit more of your kitchen too :D very nice! One day I will get a better kitchen, we plan to rip this one out and replace it with a semi commercial kitchen when we have the dosh.
I'll see if I can find some wider shots for you, as nice to look at as Mike and Eva are. (Well Eva anyway ;))

I'll see if I can find some wider shots for you, as nice to look at as Mike and Eva are. (Well Eva anyway ;))

Great :D looking forward to seeing them.

The main thing i am desperately hanging out for right now is a really good gas cooktop - right now I have an electric all in one stove/cooker, and it is so much harder to cook with, takes forever to heat up and even then it is rarely hot enough to do the style of cooking I love, which is very heavily asian influenced. We don't have gas connected here currently, but hopefully we can get that before too much longer.

The other day when I was at the commercial cookery place I was just drooling over the big commercial cookers, it is so hard to use a tiny domestic electric cooker lol I also want acres of stainless steel benches to roll pastry and spread out and be able to make a huge mess when cooking :D

Well when we moved in we had this... which was horrible (you can't really see from the pic, but it was horribly installed - nothing really worked right)

DPP07DA0916011728.webp

So then we went through a short period of this...

DPP07DA0916011801.webp

Before ending up with this.

1DN65908-Edit.webp

1DN65903-Edit.webp

Top Bottom