• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Food Fantasia

Kim

I posted my take on thai curry on my blog a few months back:

http://www.kierdarby.com/2009/07/thai-curry.html

Looks good! Try it with the fresh paste as per my recipe though Kier, you will not believe how much better it is :D

Plus.. added advantage is you get to beat stuff up (great for frustration) and impress your wife!

I just realised that I totally forgot the Fish Sauce in my recipe above LOL hehehehe oh well.. I can't believe I forgot it, nor can I believe how great it was without it :p

Kier

XenForo Developer
Staff member
Looks good! Try it with the fresh paste as per my recipe though Kier, you will not believe how much better it is :D

Plus.. added advantage is you get to beat stuff up (great for frustration) and impress your wife!

I just realised that I totally forgot the Fish Sauce in my recipe above LOL hehehehe oh well.. I can't believe I forgot it, nor can I believe how great it was without it :p
I always used to make my own paste, but the emergence of children and customers and all the rest meant there simply wasn't time to do that any more. A really good paste in a tub is 80% as good as freshly-made stuff :)

Kim

Oh yes, my wife likes my pounding technique. :p
LOL well I am pleased for you to hear that :p

I always used to make my own paste, but the emergence of children and customers and all the rest meant there simply wasn't time to do that any more. A really good paste in a tub is 80% as good as freshly-made stuff :)
Yeah I hear you, the brand of paste you used in yours is available here, and I totally agree with your comments about paste, it has to be genuine Thai paste or just forget it.. I know it is a great solution, one I have used myself many many many times, but I think fresh is so much better where time and circumstances allow.

Lee

Also hungry. I only had a stupid little toastie for dinner, I might go make something proper in a minute. If I can be bothered. Which I probably can't.

Kim

We had a pasta dish for dinner tonight, I am not the biggest fan of pasta I have to admit, too much carbs generally, the exception being really good homemade pasta... which this wasn't.

The sauce was homemade though; Chicken, Tomato, Mushroom, Kalamata olives, Semi-dried Tomatoes, baby Rocquet (arugula) and fresh herbs... tossed with pasta shells, it was quite nice, just doesn't really float my boat.

Forsaken

We had a pasta dish for dinner tonight, I am not the biggest fan of pasta I have to admit, too much carbs generally, the exception being really good homemade pasta... which this wasn't.

The sauce was homemade though, Chicken, Tomato, Mushroom, Kalamata olives, Semi-dried Tomatoes, baby Rocquet (arugula) and fresh herbs... tossed with pasta shells, it was quite nice, just doesn't really float my boat.
I made a Sausage and Creamy Tomato with penne pasta last night.

Its really good, and easy to make.

Er... Yeah it has a sauce*; what sauce was on it?  

Kim

I made a Sausage and Creamy Tomato with penne pasta last night.

Its really good, and easy to make.

Er... Yeah it has a sauce*; what sauce was on it?

Glad you enjoyed yours, pasta is quick and easy to make that's for sure :)

My Hubby loved the one I made tonight, but then he loves pasta, whereas I don't really, it was a tomato based sauce with all the things I said in it :)