1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Food Fantasia

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Kim, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

This topic is all about food..... mmmm Post what you are having for [insert meal] preferably with a photo, and if it is really good, a recipe :D

Tonight we had a Thai Green Curry.. very yummy, all homemade from scratch, it is not hard to make and really delicious if you like it on the hot and spiiiiiicy side!

You can find my how to on my brand new Food Blog... http://www.masalamojo.com/?p=1

[​IMG]

Shelley, d.kavelin, Euroman and 4 others like this.
  2. CBI Web

CBI Web Well-Known Member

^ THIS! ^

Thanks for the recipe. My wife now knows what she's making for supper. :D

Jethro likes this.
  3. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

I do hope you are going to get all manly and pound the paste up at least :p

Hope you enjoy it!!! :D

4. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

5. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Looks good! Try it with the fresh paste as per my recipe though Kier, you will not believe how much better it is :D

Plus.. added advantage is you get to beat stuff up (great for frustration) and impress your wife!

I just realised that I totally forgot the Fish Sauce in my recipe above LOL hehehehe oh well.. I can't believe I forgot it, nor can I believe how great it was without it :p

6. Floris

Floris Guest

Dargonfly, good job, thanks for posting. Downloaded the thread.

7. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

I hope you enjoy it Floris, I would love to see a pic :D

8. CBI Web

CBI Web Well-Known Member

Oh yes, my wife likes my pounding technique. :p

chousho, Darkimmortal and Dragonfly like this.
  9. Kier

I always used to make my own paste, but the emergence of children and customers and all the rest meant there simply wasn't time to do that any more. A really good paste in a tub is 80% as good as freshly-made stuff :)

Dragonfly likes this.
  10. Floris

Floris Guest

Excuse me?

Jethro likes this.
  11. iGamer

iGamer Active Member

I am not a big curry fan, but this sure looks good.

12. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

LOL well I am pleased for you to hear that :p

Yeah I hear you, the brand of paste you used in yours is available here, and I totally agree with your comments about paste, it has to be genuine Thai paste or just forget it.. I know it is a great solution, one I have used myself many many many times, but I think fresh is so much better where time and circumstances allow.

13. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Dang but I am hungry now, it is 03.30 and all this talk of fooooood... mmmm

14. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

Also hungry. I only had a stupid little toastie for dinner, I might go make something proper in a minute. If I can be bothered. Which I probably can't.

15. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

Customers? Were you a chef?

16. Kier

Customers as in you.

EQnoble likes this.
  17. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

18. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

We had a pasta dish for dinner tonight, I am not the biggest fan of pasta I have to admit, too much carbs generally, the exception being really good homemade pasta... which this wasn't.

The sauce was homemade though; Chicken, Tomato, Mushroom, Kalamata olives, Semi-dried Tomatoes, baby Rocquet (arugula) and fresh herbs... tossed with pasta shells, it was quite nice, just doesn't really float my boat.

19. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

I made a Sausage and Creamy Tomato with penne pasta last night.

Its really good, and easy to make.

Er... Yeah it has a sauce*; what sauce was on it?  

20. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Glad you enjoyed yours, pasta is quick and easy to make that's for sure :)

My Hubby loved the one I made tonight, but then he loves pasta, whereas I don't really, it was a tomato based sauce with all the things I said in it :)