Food Fantasia

I just noticed that I forgot the scrambled egg for the Singapore noodles... oh well, next time!

Roasted Cajun chicken breast on the bone with kumera, potatoes, pumpkin, and broc. Standard easy to prepare bung it in the oven kai.

chicken1.webp

The chicken had marinated most of the day in a Greek oil based sauce, but couldn't resist adding some cajun spice to the mixture. Warning, when you go spice there's no going back kids!

chicken2.webp

Lack of shrimpled spuds there :(

mmmm
licklips.gif
Now that looks good... little birdy tells me it tasted pretty darn good too
drool.gif

You can cook for me anytime
jamie.gif

Tonight, I made Singapore-style vermicelli rice noodles. Delicious.

I can see a Stir-Fried version of the vermicelli rice noodles. :D

It's hard for me to choose a favorite noodle, but in terms of cooking convenience, vermicelli rice noodles are hard to beat. You can throw them in a noodle soup, stir-fry them, or dip them in a hot pot. I will show you my own version some day. ;) um.. A very basic one with just onions, scallions, garlic, bean sprouts and dried mushroom.

I just noticed that I forgot the scrambled egg for the Singapore noodles... oh well, next time!

Judging from the pictures you provided, I have every reason to believe that it will taste just fine even without the scrambled egg.

I found myself in the Commercial Kitchen shop today (about my fave shop in the whole world!!!) pricing/sussing out Wood Fired Pizza Ovens LOL - apparently you can pay from $3800 for a small domestic one, to $20-30,000 for a medium sized commercial one.

Guess I will be waiting for that one :p

Coorrrr but I love that store, I could quite literally spend $100k in a few hours if I had it to spare
shifty.gif

As always that food looks bloody epic.

Well thankfully the chicken wasn't bloody :p

But the tiramisu was pretty darn epic I must confess... the Tia Maria in it made it quite mellow inducing.. someone even snuck back to the fridge later and had a second go... not mentioning names here... *cough* hubby *cough* Thought I didn't see him :p

What's on the Doctor's menu for this evening?

I'm back at work now thank god and couldn't think of anything quick and easy so I'm doing Chicken Curry again.

I made a JD cake a couple of years ago, I might have to do that again soon.

Top Bottom