1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Font Awesome Ratings 1.0.0

Replace resource ratings (and any other ratings) with Font Awesome

1. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Chris Deeming submitted a new resource:

Font Awesome Ratings - Replace resource ratings (and any other ratings) with Font Awesome

Read more about this resource...

Mirovinger, Bob and Andy.N like this.
  2. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

I love Fontawesome, Chris and thanks for providing this fine finishing touch.
    Few questions
    1) For those that have been using FontAwesome other icons, they already have linked to the Fontawesome css stylesheet on their page_container template. Wouldn't this will call it twice?
    2) Can I just use this new template to display the rating of a specific resource elsewhere on XF such as pages?

3. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

And #3, where exactly do you change the icon at?

4. Tracy Perry

And #4... any idea why it won't work with the template modification outlined with @Bob B's ShowCase?

5. Bob

Bob Well-Known Member

Works fine for me in places that I use the core XF rating template. I posted to you on my support site. There are a couple places that I do not use the core XF rating template due to using my own inline AJAX Rating system that is different than the overlay review form rating system. If its OK with Chris, I can integrate this into SC in the places that don't use the core XF rating template.

6. Tracy Perry

Pretty much have figured out it works on the List view but modular/grid view for the home page it apparently uses your system. :)

Bob likes this.
  7. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Just curious I did a search for the line of code that needs to be replaced. Am I correct that 16 templates are needed to apply the fontawesome ratings?

8. Tracy Perry

Probably depends on what all you have installed. I'm sitting at 17, but one of those is wf_widget_xfrm_resources.
    I'm using using Showcase and XenMediaGallery as well as Widget Framework.

9. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Thanks.

Yeah, I would imagine it depends on what add-ons are installed which would determine the amount of template edits needing to be edited. I was just curious on the rough amount I guess. Nice work Chris.

10. Chris D

If you find it's a lot if work to update all your templates, an alternative is to rename the rating template to something and then rename my template to rating.

font_awesome_rating.css

There's a couple of lines that begin with content: followed by a Unicode character code. Just change that to the Unicode code of another icon. They can be found on font awesome website.

1) Yes. Just remove it from the font_awesome_rating template. Be careful though: this add on uses the new version 4.x of font awesome. If you run 3.x you had probably not remove it. Mine is only called on pages that use ratings.

2) it works exactly the same as the default ratings so the template can be called and display a star rating anywhere.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  11. Tracy Perry

For reference to anyone else wondering (and doesn't want to use Google)... the Unicode list is here.

Since I run a motorcycle related site, I decided to try this out for a while.
    screenshot.jpg

And on my Apple site
    screenshot1.jpg

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
    Bob, SneakyDave and Chris D like this.
  12. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

@Chris Deeming

Love the work you did here :)

@Mike
    This is my suggestion from earlier. Works good on mobile devices too ;)

13. Echelon

Echelon Active Member

And now it would be completely awesome to have the standard xenforo-ui-sprite.png replaced by a little gem.....so this is a kind of request ;-)

this one.....has to go.....

xenforo-ui-sprite (2).png

Adam Howard likes this.
  14. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

Echelon likes this.
  15. tommydamic68

tommydamic68 Well-Known Member

besides being able to rate a thread, is there a place to view members thread rating etc?

16. Chris D

It is not possible to rate threads.

17. tommydamic68

Then what am I rating here? :eek:

Screen Shot 2013-12-08 at 11.02.37 AM.png

Screen Shot 2013-12-08 at 11.05.51 AM.png

18. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

19. tommydamic68