1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Font Awesome Ratings 1.0.0

Replace resource ratings (and any other ratings) with Font Awesome

1. Chris D
    Compatible XF Versions:
    This add-on is not affiliated with XenForo Ltd.

This add-on is based on an example usage of Font Awesome. You can see the original code in action here: http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/examples/#custom

And the end result using this add-on:

This add-on gives you a new template: font_awesome_rating. That template can be used as a direct replacement for the default XenForo "rating" template that XenForo uses for the Resource Manager.

Many add-ons, including http://xenmediagallery.com uses the same default ratings template.

All you need to do is search for usages of:
    <xen:include template="rating"
    And replace with:
    <xen:include template="font_awesome_rating"
    As an added bonus, I have included a bunch of template modifications which replaces the default rating template in the Resource Manager.

Why would you want to do this?

Maybe you want your ratings to be a different colour:

Or even a different icon!

Just customise font_awesome_rating.css to your liking.

Font icons look great at any zoom level, unlike the default spritesheet graphic.

Hope you enjoy this!
    Dadparvar, Echelon, Alien and 8 others like this.

Recent Reviews

1. Dadparvar
    Version: 1.0.0
    Really simple, but useful add-on. Something that I was looking for. Installed and worked as it must. Thanks.
  2. Echelon
    just what i need. now go for the xenforo-ui-sprite.png
  3. SneakyDave
  4. Tracy Perry
    Tracy Perry
    And yet another great little gem by Chris!
  5. Matthew Hawley
    Matthew Hawley
    Excellent use of Font Awesome Icons. Great work Chris.
  6. Andy.N
    I love you Chris. Seriously. I was asking this morning and Chris provided the solution within 24 hours. Unbelievable.
    1. Chris D
      Author's Response
      Thanks Andy. To be truthful, I've had my beady little eye on doing this for quite some time. It's almost coincidental you posted about it on the same day :)