Font Awesome Manager

Font Awesome Manager 1.2.7

No permission to download
So you are using 1.2.0 RC 2 now?
If so, please test again and document the exact steps needed to reproduce the error.

No, you should only add missing icons to the appropriate list
Sorry, one last v basic question.

When you say "missing icons" do you mean icons that are just not displaying?

And if that is the case, if I am see all the icons I have added (outside of stock xenforo) then the addon is configured as it needs to be and working, ie nothing more for me to do in order to get optimal site speed in this regard? Thanks.

When you say "missing icons" do you mean icons that are just not displaying?
Yes, icons that are not being display (altouhh they should be there), eg. that are visually "missing" :)
And if that is the case, if I am see all the icons I have added (outside of stock xenforo) then the addon is configured as it needs to be and working
Yes, most likely - if you don't see any "missing" icons, the rendered fa.css does only include a handful icons and you only see network requests for the -min.woff2 files everything should be working fine.

Could not get duotone icons to display for a custom add-on. Added these non displaying duotone icons manually to all the existing lists available "Icons", "Solid Icons", "Regular Icons" and "Light Icons", still not displayed. Maybe a specific list for duotone icons could be added to the options.

Is there some way to explicitly trigger this to add-on to fully generate the icons? When set to "Manual", what's the trigger to rebuild the icons?

There is no "trigger" if build mode is Manual.
In this mode, you just tell the Add-on which icons you want to have and perform a rebuild when necessary - that's it.

Kirby updated Font Awesome Manager with a new update entry:

1.2.0 Relase Candidate 3

Bugs Fixed​

• Duotone icons were not usable if style option Load subsets only was enabled
    This bugfix significantly increases the subset size (by a factor of two) for the duotone font which could lead to reaching the transfonter.org limit of 5000 characters a lot easier.
    To mitigate this, duotone has been splitted into its own subset chunk, so this change will slow down rebuild time a little bit.
    Future versions will check if there are any styles that...

Read the rest of this update entry...

just a question. if everything was running fine and well on the previous version. i don't really need to make any changes after updating to this right? i don't even know what duotone fonts are and if they are even used in xenforo default theme. thanks!

just a question. if everything was running fine and well on the previous version. i don't really need to make any changes after updating to this right?
No, you don't need to make any changes (you don't even need to update if you didn't hit any of the fixed bugs).

Though if you do not use Duotone icons (see below) it would be recommended to turn off style property Enable Duotone icons to avoid generating CSS that is not being used.

i don't even know what duotone fonts are and if they are even used in xenforo default theme. thanks!
Duotone icons /whie are not being used at all by default XenForo style) are a font icon style that uses two codepoints for one icon, allowing two-colored icons.

@Kirby Does not know If this correct but I am recommended settings Load subsets only = NO because we have lot of icons are missing issue and all are fixed with disabling Load subsets only option. Also added missing icon in this list but does not fix to showing. If we add Manually duplicate icon in list then that does check and remove duplicate icon entry from this list?

ScreenShot00371.webp

Does not know If this correct but I am recommended settings Load subsets only = NO because we have lot of icons are missing issue and all are fixed with disabling Load subsets only option.
If the option Load subsets only is disabled, the CSS for all icons is available and will reference the original font files in case an icon is missing in the subset(s).
This does of course work and you will not have any missing icons, but the performance would most likely be worse than not using this Add-on at all.
So it is always recommended to have this option set to Yes and add missing icons to the appropriate list.
If you do not know exactly which icons are missing, I'd recommend to temporarily enable option Automatically add missing icons.

Also added missing icon in this list but does not fix to showing.
In thise case the icons most likely were not added to the correct list. Re-cehck which icons exactly are missing, add the to the list and verify that they are incluced in the subset(s).
It doesn't really matter if you have duplicate icons in one of the lists, though I'll add code to filter them in a future version.

If you do not know exactly which icons are missing, I'd recommend to temporarily enable option Automatically add missing icons.

Then Enabled option Load subsets only with Enabled Automatically add missing Icons option but this does not add any missing Icons. Do we need re-run Rebuild Font Awesome subsets after enabled option Automatically add missing icons? I am using @XFA Trophies Enhancement addon that add icon to Trophies list but I am still does not know about this icon name.

What about if we add Manually duplicate icon in list then that does check and remove duplicate icon entry from this list?

@Kirby — I have two questions for you.

1. I have a bunch of missing icons but they show fine in Safari. They’re missing in Firefox and the other browsers. Do you know what Safari does differently than the rest? Is this something that should be accounted for in the add-on itself?

2. A few of my custom icons aren’t missing but most of them are. I think this is because of my messy CSS and how I have added icons over the years with inconsistent formatting.

I have some like this:
CSS:
i:before {
    content: "\f6b7";

Some like this:
CSS:
:before {
    font-family:'Font Awesome 5 Pro';
    content: "\f505";

Some like this:
CSS:
:before { .m-faContent("\f2f6");

And some like this:
HTML:
<i class="far fa-user-edit"></i>

Can you tell me which of those the add-on prefers? Maybe even which one XF prefers? Or any other tips/explanations about the different ways of adding icons.

@Kirby Also this icon have on the Icons list but still Server error log about LogException: Font Awesome Missing Icons. How to fix this false issue? Also missing Icons are not generated Server error log with icons missing on public URLs.

ScreenShot00372.png

Then Enabled option Load subsets only with Enabled Automatically add missing Icons option but this does not add any missing Icons.
It should :)
If it really does not, I'd need a URL (maybe via conversation) so I could check why the missing icon(s) are not being detected.

Do we need re-run Rebuild Font Awesome subsets after enabled option Automatically add missing icons?
No.

What about if we add Manually duplicate icon in list then that does check and remove duplicate icon entry from this list?
As stated before, it doesn't matter if icons are listed multiple times ore not; they will only be use once anyway.

The error message shown in your last screeshot seems to indicate that Automatically add missing icons does work just fine.
Though I wonder why there are that many icons missing ...

I have a bunch of missing icons but they show fine in Safari. They’re missing in Firefox and the other browsers. Do you know what Safari does differently than the rest? Is this something that should be accounted for in the add-on itself?
I don't use Safari (as I do not have apple hardware), but there relly shouldn't bee much difference.
To check this, I'd need the URL of a page where this can be seen.

A few of my custom icons aren’t missing but most of them are. I think this is because of my messy CSS and how I have added icons over the years with inconsistent formatting.
Can you tell me which of those the add-on prefers? Maybe even which one XF prefers? Or any other tips/explanations about the different ways of adding icons.
All of those should work just fine and be found automatically; you can check this by running a rebuild with log level set to Debug.

The sreenshots (except the last one) do not show the weight they are being used in.
If the weight is not the same weight as your selected font awesome weight, they currently will only be used for the main icons list - not for the other weights (in which they might be required).

Please read the FAQ about the lists, it does have a section with more details.

If you are unsure, the easiest option is to temporarily enable Automatically add missing icons.

Last edited:
I don't believe the display of "Advanced Options" in RC3 is displaying as intended. Font Awesome settings after upgrade from RC2 look identical. Even tried reinstalling with overwrite same results, option page on RC3 looks identical to RC2.

Top Bottom