1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RM 1.2 Font Awesome as Resource icons?

Discussion in 'Resource Manager Support' started by Mr Lucky, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky Well-Known Member

Is it possible to have font awesome icons instead of image icons?

Any know of an addon or a template mod that would allow this?

Or maybe there's an even simpler way that I'm missing.

Thanks

Veer and ┼ŻivaAkcija like this.
  2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

It could theoretically be done with template edits - but it would be custom CSS that is written for each resource. It should be a fairly similar concept to replacing the node icons with font awesome.

Otherwise you would be needing an add-on (I don't think one currently exists).

3. Mr Lucky

OK, was hoping for something simple, as it's so easy to add an icon on a per resource basis. I'll wait for addon or maybe I'll suggest it for RM v 10.8.2

4. Mr Lucky

Yay! two likes already @Chris D is it please possible to move this to RM Suggestions?

5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

As a suggestion, this is fairly unlikely to happen. Resource icons are essentially equivalent to avatars in that they are designed to be a logo for a resource (see various app stores). A small list of available icons isn't really something we'd target (that would be an "avatar gallery" which is also something we haven't done and don't have plans to add).

6. Mr Lucky

Fair Point, but I would think as it's Font Awesome text, rather than a icon gallery, it would be a text field as an alternative to the icon upload.

I think FA is a core part of the Media gallery so perhaps possible to also integrate it into RM.