XF 2.1 Font Awesome 5, Editor button management, Markdown support and more!

We did say we'd see you again fairly soon and so here we are, hot on the heels of our push notifications announcement, to bring you an update on several more new features and improvements coming in XenForo 2.1.

Remember, to ensure you're kept up to date, we strongly recommend smashing the "Watch forum" link here and enabling email notifications if you haven't done so already 🙂

I don't want to build too much hype, but most of these features sound as if you are seriously considering a CMS addon (or app?) based on XF Framework. Which I totally dig!

I might be wrong tho and I have no intel in XF, so don't quote me on that. However, if it happens, you know where you heard it first :p

I don't want to build too much hype, but most of these features sound as if your are seriously considering a CMS addon (or app?) based on XF Framework. Which I totally dig!
I'll be straight up honest with you, it's not in our short term plans, so don't go expecting it in XF 2.1.

Our position about it hasn't really changed from when we've spoken about it before. It's not a "never" it's just that if we ever did it, it'd have to be an actual match for what our customers actually want (e.g. do they want a full blown CMS or do they just need enhancements to pages or do they just need a portal type system) and, ultimately, something we feel we could do well.

Probably a discussion for another day though :)

I'll be straight up honest with you, it's not in our short term plans, so don't go expecting it in XF 2.1.
That is perfectly fine with me. Leave something for 2.2 :D

Memes aside - I appreciate your honesty. But I do see from these improvements how it could help 3rd party devs to achieve things that come close at least. And who knows, maybe even eventually by you guys. Looking forward at what the future brings. :)

@Chris D , Waiting Impatiently :love: Endless thanks to all staff who contributed. (y)
94893f3935.gif

This all looks great! Finally we can put the quote button back as a top level button in the editor!

Does the new table system support pasting from excel and google sheets? A quick play on the Froala demo seems to indicate that it's possible.

Thank you so much for implementing Table support. This is a major improvement IMO.
I will need to figure out a way to migrate all our tables.
If you have any particular table examples that concern you, let us know what the markup is and I’ll let you know if they work already.

We’ve not done a lot in terms of formatting and so things like that may be lost, but we could at least try and make the BB code “work” even if it loses some of the formatting.

This all looks great! Finally we can put the quote button back as a top level button in the editor!

Does the new table system support pasting from excel and google sheets? A quick play on the Froala demo seems to indicate that it's possible.
Yes it should do.
It also looks like there's support for Alt tags in images and attachments now, is that correct?
That’s correct.

Top Bottom