Flexile

Flexile 1.1.5.1

No permission to download
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll try to take a look at it, but it won't be until well into next week as I am 110% busy at the moment. Honestly, though, this is something you should really figure out how to fix yourself, as I can't be responsible for making sure that every possible mod works with my style, and mod creators can't be responsible for making sure that their mod works with every possible style. :)

I'll try to take a look at it, but it won't be until well into next week as I am 110% busy at the moment. Honestly, though, this is something you should really figure out how to fix yourself, as I can't be responsible for making sure that every possible mod works with my style, and mod creators can't be responsible for making sure that their mod works with every possible style. :)

If I could figure it out my self I wouldnt be asking you about. I appreciate the skills you guys have to create these kind things but not everyone has the same skill set as your self. ;) I just re installed this style again today after installing that new widget mod and notice the error and was hoping someone new how to fix it. No worries, I wont use the style till someone figures it out.

I'll try to take a look at it, but it won't be until well into next week as I am 110% busy at the moment. Honestly, though, this is something you should really figure out how to fix yourself, as I can't be responsible for making sure that every possible mod works with my style, and mod creators can't be responsible for making sure that their mod works with every possible style.
smile.png

I'm very happy you made this theme Erik. I’m gonna go little bit far and say when someone speaks about XenForo themes the first one comes in mind is yours. A large variety of people are using your style happily. But there is a common problem with Flexile when displaying add-ons which have their own pages or sidebar blocks. It doesn't interact so well.

You provided custom codes for jaxel's mods which was amazing. But mod with custom tab - pages assigned like XenStaff, Wordpress Bridge and some other add-ons have the same layout problem which I reported back in few weeks.
I don't mean to criticize or anything. This is my favorite theme without any doubt. I accept it with the way it is. But there is no doubt that it would far better if add-ons wouldn't have these kinds of display issues.

Saying that you are of course not obligated to fit every add-on into Flexile. To do so is extremely annoying and there is no enough time. But would there any specific guideline which the add-on developers could follow when writing add-ons?

Eric, I must say wonderful job on the themes. I am using both your Flexile and Flexile Dark versions.

I have a question, how did Jaxel achieve the effect on his unselected navigation tabs? I see that he posted his code, but I am clueless as to where I insert this code. I searched all 18 pages of this thread and all the other pages of your Flexile Dark thread before I posted.

Here is the syntax that Jaxel posted on Page 7.

HTML:
.navTabs .navTab.PopupClosed .navLink
{
    -webkit-box-shadow: black 0px 0px 5px;
    color: @lightTextColor;
    background: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.5) url('@imagePath/xenforo/gradients/navigation-tab.png') repeat-x 50% 0%;
    height: 25px;
    line-height: 25px;
    margin: 5px;
    padding: 0px 10px;
}

Thanks so much for the help!!

Eric, I must say wonderful job on the themes. I am using both your Flexile and Flexile Dark versions.

I have a question, how did Jaxel achieve the effect on his unselected navigation tabs? I see that he posted his code, but I am clueless as to where I insert this code. I searched all 18 pages of this thread and all the other pages of your Flexile Dark thread before I posted.

Here is the syntax that Jaxel posted on Page 7.

HTML:
.navTabs .navTab.PopupClosed .navLink
{
    -webkit-box-shadow: black 0px 0px 5px;
    color: @lightTextColor;
    background: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.5) url('@imagePath/xenforo/gradients/navigation-tab.png') repeat-x 50% 0%;
    height: 25px;
    line-height: 25px;
    margin: 5px;
    padding: 0px 10px;
}

Thanks so much for the help!!
Add it to EXTRA.css

I've searched through here a bit and saw a post in the Flexile Dark style, but to change the content that says, "This is a test of the content area..." where do I go for that? I've found Style Properties > Flexile Style Properties, but I can't edit the text in there.

Since I experienced some problems with an addon I created myself, I had a look at page_container template and noticed that you don't have the hooks in place.

Is this the only place or have you generally removed/skipped the template hooks?

There is also this problem XenStaff and TaigaChat

For TaigaChat, I believe you have to adjust the padding in the dark_taigachat.css template. First section, if I remember correctly.

I haven't used XenStaff, so I can 't help you with that one.

Tip... I added the following to my Extra.CSS for this style:
Code:
.mainContainer { margin-right: -277px; }
.mainContent { margin-right: 277px; }
.sidebar { width: 262px; }

What does this do? Well this makes the inner width of the sidebar the same as the default skin. With the default skin, you can fit 230px of content in a sidebar block. With this skin, you can only fit 218px of content... this code fixes that and lets you fit 230px of content once again.

Slightly off topic but i just wanted to say that...

Flexile = Defacto XenForo Default Style

In fact at this point i think XF would be helped by adopting Flexile a s the actual default style it ships with.
That way the designers could tweak away these few annoying little bugs that crop up with new versions of XF or its modules.

Would also make XF more visually palatable for guests who are mulling over buying the software or not.
Eric would have to give or sell the rights to the design to XF of course, but thats a separate issue.

Hey Erik... I found an error in your CSS... I want to release an update for XenPorta, but I can't until you fix this error in "xenforo_sections.css"
Code:
.sidebar .secondaryContent {
    background-color: @contentBackground;
    border: none;
    padding: 0 15px 15px;
    border: 1px solid @lightMonochrome;
    border-radius: 6px;
    box-shadow: 0 0 12px rgba(0,0,0,.1);
}

Should be...
Code:
.sidebar .primaryContent,
.sidebar .secondaryContent {
    background-color: @contentBackground;
    border: none;
    padding: 0 15px 15px;
    border: 1px solid @lightMonochrome;
    border-radius: 6px;
    box-shadow: 0 0 12px rgba(0,0,0,.1);
}
Notice that the primaryContent definition has been added to the top. These two properties should be uniform, as they are uniform in the default XenForo skin.

How do I change the color of the forum icons? The actual png is just a tranparent chat bubble, and I takes the color of one of the color pallete pre-sets, so I assume there's an option somewhere.

Ok thread exploded since I last checked. Just FYI I am reading everything you've posted but am still very busy so I can't respond to you all individually right now. I apologize that I am ten days late on upgrading the skin to RC2, but I'll try to get that done and the issues posted above done as soon as I can. Thanks for your patience. :)

Ok thread exploded since I last checked. Just FYI I am reading everything you've posted but am still very busy so I can't respond to you all individually right now. I apologize that I am ten days late on upgrading the skin to RC2, but I'll try to get that done and the issues posted above done as soon as I can. Thanks for your patience. :)
Dont worry about upgrading for RC2... RC3 will be out this week probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom