Flexile

Flexile 1.1.5.1

No permission to download
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice work. To say it's the best yet is overstating it for me. It has a lot of changes, but you can still see much of the default colors & style on the forum list and message part. Not that it looks inappropriate, but a truly custom style should be customized in those areas too. I hope the author can appreciate a bit of constructive critique in all the praise :)

maidos, if you are willing to PM me your site details and allow me to edit your site (this would be fastest, as I can go in and do it quickly without having to try and explain what you need to do), I would be happy to help. Otherwise PM me and I'll see if I can give you instructions to do what you're looking for. :)

Hey Erik,

I like your version/style of the sidebar, but I like the way the default visitor panel looks. I have looked to see if I could find the code/css to change to keep your sidebar with the top visitor panel converting back to default.

vistor panel.webp Yours

visitor-panel-default.webp Default

Can you help me with this? I am trying to get the visitor's panel for have the 'transparent' look instead of the white background.

Jamie

maidos, if you are willing to PM me your site details and allow me to edit your site (this would be fastest, as I can go in and do it quickly without having to try and explain what you need to do), I would be happy to help. Otherwise PM me and I'll see if I can give you instructions to do what you're looking for. :)
maybe i can just ask here isntead of pm as reference for others who might encounter the same issue. I would like to know where to the settings of those arrows are located because if i asked you to do it yourself then that would mean i would ask you again for help the next time xenforo releases a new version when you release an update for the release

Hey Erik,

I like your version/style of the sidebar, but I like the way the default visitor panel looks. I have looked to see if I could find the code/css to change to keep your sidebar with the top visitor panel converting back to default.

View attachment 5285 Yours

View attachment 5286 Default

Can you help me with this? I am trying to get the visitor's panel for have the 'transparent' look instead of the white background.

Jamie

What I did with mine to keep it consistant was:

Open template sidebar_vistar_panel

look for
Code:
<div class="secondaryContent">
and add below it

Code:
<h3>{xen:phrase about_you}</h3>

and it looked much better

Untitled-1.webp
View attachment 5315
another thing is how do i move 2px space so it seperate itself from the main breadcrumb?
as im on forum list template i dont know css abd u wish to have add an own gif so it extend itself all the way to the other end of the box

.mainContent
{
margin-right: {xen:calc '@sidebar.width + 20'}px;
background-color: @contentBackground;
border: 1px solid @lightMonochrome;
border-radius: 6px;
box-shadow: 0 0 15px rgba(0,0,0,.2);
padding: 0 20px;

edit: also i managed to locate the arrows and removved it on the template breadcrumb

A number of people have requested these, so here they are. These are the color palette values for all of the color examples shown in the first post. :)

Blue:
(default)

Green:
@primaryDarker - rgb(3,70,3)
@primaryDark - rgb(44,92,43)
@primaryMedium - rgb(26, 141, 41)
@primaryLightish - rgb(40, 196, 43)
@primaryHighlight - rgb(88, 201, 73)
@primaryLight - rgb(112, 202, 112)
@primaryLighter - rgb(173, 220, 173)
@primaryLighterStill - rgb(216,252,215)
@primaryLightest - rgb(240,252,240)

Red:

@primaryDarker - rgb(70,4,3)
@primaryDark - rgb(92,45,43)
@primaryMedium - rgb(179,32,16)
@primaryLightish - rgb(225,32,35)
@primaryHighlight - rgb(227,60,77)
@primaryLight - rgb(228,110,108)
@primaryLighter - rgb(228,166,165)
@primaryLighterStill - rgb(252,217,215)
@primaryLightest - rgb(252,241,240)

Yellow:
@primaryDarker - rgb(70,58,3)
@primaryDark - rgb(92,82,43)
@primaryMedium - rgb(198, 163, 7)
@primaryLightish - rgb(225,183,32)
@primaryHighlight - rgb(227,177,60)
@primaryLight - rgb(228,206,108)
@primaryLighter - rgb(228,216,165)
@primaryLighterStill - rgb(252,245,215)
@primaryLightest - rgb(252,250,240)

Orange:
@primaryDarker - rgb(70,31,3)
@primaryDark - rgb(92,63,43)
@primaryMedium - rgb(194, 104, 1)
@primaryLightish - rgb(225, 112, 32)
@primaryHighlight - rgb(227,110,60)
@primaryLight - rgb(228,158,108)
@primaryLighter - rgb(228,191,165)
@primaryLighterStill - rgb(252,230,215)
@primaryLightest - rgb(252,245,240)

Purple:
@primaryDarker - rgb(42,3,70)
@primaryDark - rgb(71,43,92)
@primaryMedium - rgb(125,16,179)
@primaryLightish - rgb(138,32,225)
@primaryHighlight - rgb(138,60,227)
@primaryLight - rgb(178,108,228)
@primaryLighter - rgb(202,165,228)
@primaryLighterStill - rgb(236,215,252)
@primaryLightest - rgb(247,240,252)

To answer maidos' question directly and for future reference, the arrows are controlled by the "Item Arrow, Outer" and "Item Arrow, Inner" style properties under Style Properties > Breadcrumbs. You can edit the CSS directly in the breadcrumb.css file. If you want to remove the arrows, remove all the border declarations from both style properties. :)

Maidos, I'm not sure what "shadow" you are pointing out (I don't see any abnormal shadow). Also, I'm not sure what you mean by this:
another thing is how do i move 2px space so it seperate itself from the main breadcrumb?
as im on forum list template i dont know css abd u wish to have add an own gif so it extend itself all the way to the other end of the box
Can you please try to explain your problem more clearly? :)

erik nvm, i figured out by adding padding on the sidebar css template.
now got new question, how do i resize that tiny box so it will be on 100% height
and for the second highlighting how do i replace that green line withan image that can stretch itself
Untitled-1.webp

erik nvm, i figured out by adding padding on the sidebar css template.
now got new question, how do i resize that tiny box so it will be on 100% height
and for the second highlighting how do i replace that green line withan image that can stretch itself
View attachment 5350

You can change the height attribute from the default of 28px to whatever you want. The CSS selector is .node .nodeLastPost.

To replace the green line with an image, find this CSS selector string in the templates:
Code:
.nodeList .categoryForumNodeInfo, .nodeList .forumNodeInfo, .nodeList .pageNodeInfo, .nodeList .linkNodeInfo

Then delete the border-bottom declaration and replace it with something like this:
Code:
background: @contentBackground url('@imagePath/your-image.png') bottom repeat-x;

Hope this helps and sorry for the late response. I've been quite busy lately. :)

thanks, was still consider fast responds :) and got it all working thanks, i think i shouldnt customize too much of the skin unntil xenforo releases a stable version since otherwrise all my customs will go away when you release an update of the forum :)

thanks, was still consider fast responds :) and got it all working thanks, i think i shouldnt customize too much of the skin unntil xenforo releases a stable version since otherwrise all my customs will go away when you release an update of the forum :)

Yeah, that is always something you have to consider. The more you customize the style, the more work you will have to do to update it to the latest version. :)

Just as an update, I plan to release an updated version of the style when Beta 3 is released. The updated version will include fixes for Beta 3 and fixes/features that were commonly requested in this thread. :)

Erik, is it possible to disable the gradient/colour change in the main blue area (above the tabs)
I want it to display the primaryMedium colour only and not a gradient of colours.

Also is it possible to not associate the main links with primaryMedium and rather choose a different colour for them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom