Flexile

Flexile 1.1.5.1

No permission to download
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the default style it is not an issue. The page is extremely wide so it can fit the signature quite easily.

If it would help to have the signature for testing you can use the following
Code:
[IMG]http://www.terapvp.com/attachments/359c6fd7-37bb-7f6e-fdb7-f397010d77ac-banner-jpg.181/?embedded=1[/IMG]
I tested it on Flexile using the image you provided, and it works just fine for me. The signature image resizes to fit the width of the post area. You can click to expand it to full size as usual with embedded images. This is on my test installation - a fresh install of XenForo 1.0.1 and Flexile 1.0.1.

conversation.webp

Have you tried disabling all addons and such?

Here's an image with a lightbox, this issue appears all over my site. I can't narrow down what's causing it.

That's not a lightbox, that's an embedded image like in this post. When you click on it it expands to it's full size without a lightbox. If you want it to display in a lightbox instead, you'll have to talk to the author of that mod.

How did 8way achieve getting their logo to show behind the upper navbar?

The logo is on a layer behind the nav buttons by default. They just used a large logo and added some extra CSS to make the height of the logo div smaller so the navbar would ride up on it from below.
Code:
#logo {
margin-left: -70px;
height: 65px;
line-height: 65px;
}

Well I was going to ask that next how they did the gradient boxes over each unused nav box. But no more like when I make a 100 height logo and set the header in properties to 100 it starts over the navbar. In the dark version it is fine. Look at my arrow in the image thats how I want this to start not over the nav
This will add the black boxes behind each unselected nav tab (add to EXTRA.css):
Code:
/* FLEXILE > NAVIGATION TAB SETTINGS */
.navTabs .navTab.PopupClosed .navLink
{
-webkit-box-shadow: black 0px 0px 5px;
color: @lightTextColor;
background: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.5) url('@imagePath/xenforo/gradients/navigation-tab.png') repeat-x 50% 0%;
height: 25px;
line-height: 25px;
margin: 5px;
padding: 0px 10px;
}

Hello Erik,

Would it be possible to also support [LN] Blog in your Style? Currently it looks broken :(
I very much like the 8WayRun addition you got in your style :D
I'll look into it, but I can't promise anything. I can't support every addon. :p However if this is the same Blog product that I helped someone out with before, I think I posted the necessary code/changes in either this or the Flexile Dark thread a few pages back (search for it). :)

Gah, found a really weird bug in XenForo and it's screwing up my post. Give me a minute.

I think we're good now. :)

I'll look into it, but I can't promise anything. I can't support every addon. :p However if this is the same Blog product that I helped someone out with before, I think I posted the necessary code/changes in either this or the Flexile Dark thread a few pages back (search for it). :)
Can't really seem to find anything :S

Erik,

Is there a way to make this vertically central? That's the Shoutbox block and the "Signed in as..." account area.
Screenshot:

flexile_shoutbox.webp

Has anyone else seen this issue? Looks like a gradient of some sort in the Share section. Only happens in Safari. Chrome, Firefox do not show anything.

flex-saf.webp

Can't really seem to find anything :S
You have to edit flexile_exceptions.css and add the appropriate lines of code as described here:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/flexile.7164/page-26#post-186137

Erik,

Is there a way to make this vertically central? That's the Shoutbox block and the "Signed in as..." account area.
Screenshot:

View attachment 13800
Same thing as Vincent's issue, you need to add the appropriate exceptions for the modification to flexile_exceptions.css (see the linked post above for an example). :)

i would like to put a fixed image on both side of the style starting from the header
i have attached a screenshot explaining more what i am trying to acheive
habillage.webp
can anybody help me please :oops:

Same thing as Vincent's issue, you need to add the appropriate exceptions for the modification to flexile_exceptions.css (see the linked post above for an example). :)
You know, I've taken a second glance at this (the Shoutbox big white box issue) and it ain't all that bad to be honest. So I'm going to leave it be. :)

You have to edit flexile_exceptions.css and add the appropriate lines of code as described here:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/flexile.7164/page-26#post-186137

To be more specific, you can see in the quoted code these type of lines:

.lnblog_index .breadBoxBottom,
.lnblog_entry_view .breadBoxBottom,

For each block of CSS in flexile_exceptions.css you need to add the appropriate entries for each block according to the pattern. So you would add
Code:
.lnblog_index .breadBoxBottom,
.lnblog_entry_view .breadBoxBottom,
to the first section,
Code:
.lnblog_index .breadBoxBottom .breadcrumb,
.lnblog_entry_view .breadBoxBottom .breadcrumb,
to the next section, and so on... :)

Just some minor feedback concerning updates.

Perhaps it would be best to only include the files that changed in the update?

I upgraded from XF 1.0.0 to XF 1.0.1, then upgraded my Flexile as well. In the process I lost my replacement default avatar images. Not a big deal, but since there were not any changes to them by Flexile as part of this update, it seems a waste to me to overwrite the existing images.

I understand I could make a notepad and write myself a reminder next time to remove the avatar folder first, but again, just seems an unnecessary extra step.

I was wondering if someone could help me change some colors on my site. I can't find where the settings for them are.

I labeled parts of the attached photo of what I want to change. If anyone knows the name of them in the styles properties, it would help a lot.

A - I want to change the orangish color to the green background color
B - I want to remove the red border
C - I want to make transparent or same green background color
D - I want to remove red border

Attachments

• GW2Site.webp
    GW2Site.webp
    26 KB · Views: 9
C is .secondaryBar It can be found at the bottom of your navigation.css template but I would strongly advise making all your changes in the EXTRA.css template when possible.

B is the border-bottom: 1px solid @primaryDarker; code you will find within .secondaryBar

For "A", are you pointing to the text? or the box surrounding the text?

Not sure for D off-hand but I did notice your Search bar is a bit mis-aligned. I have the below code added to EXTRA.css to fix my search bar. Try it out and adjust the numbers as needed.

Code:
/* re-positions search bar and pop-up search window */
#QuickSearch { 
  right: 5px; 
  top: -15px;
}
#QuickSearch.active {
  right: 1px;
  top: -18px;
}

I tested it on Flexile using the image you provided, and it works just fine for me. The signature image resizes to fit the width of the post area. You can click to expand it to full size as usual with embedded images. This is on my test installation - a fresh install of XenForo 1.0.1 and Flexile 1.0.1.

View attachment 13773

Have you tried disabling all addons and such?

I found the issue. It was a piece of code I use in EXTRA.css to restrict the image size of signatures.
Code:
/* restrict the size of images in signatures */
.message .signature .bbCodeImage {
max-height: 125px;
max-width: 700px;
overflow-y: hidden !important;
overflow-x: hidden !important;
}
It seems the two overflow lines of code cause this issue. My limited understanding of CSS plus my handy link to the W3 site tells me that by setting the overflow property to hidden, any overflow should be...hidden!

The two things I do not understand here are:

1. If the signature was overflowing, the excess should be hidden. Instead it is behaving as if the overflow property was set to visible.

2. If I remove this code altogether, the signature fits in the box. Somehow using this code zooms in on the image.

I am a complete noob with CSS. This isn't a Flexile issue but since I am this deep into the matter here I thought I'd ask if anyone knows why this is happening? If not I'll move the matter to the general questions forum.

Erik,

Are any of the style icons changed in either flexile & flexile dark styles? I am referring to all the png and gif files in folders such as acp-icons, avatars, color-picker, etc. Are they all identical to the standard XF install?

Just some minor feedback concerning updates.

Perhaps it would be best to only include the files that changed in the update?

I upgraded from XF 1.0.0 to XF 1.0.1, then upgraded my Flexile as well. In the process I lost my replacement default avatar images. Not a big deal, but since there were not any changes to them by Flexile as part of this update, it seems a waste to me to overwrite the existing images.

I understand I could make a notepad and write myself a reminder next time to remove the avatar folder first, but again, just seems an unnecessary extra step.

Then what about people who are installing for the first time? I guess I could make a seperate upgrade package.
I was wondering if someone could help me change some colors on my site. I can't find where the settings for them are.

I labeled parts of the attached photo of what I want to change. If anyone knows the name of them in the styles properties, it would help a lot.

A - I want to change the orangish color to the green background color
B - I want to remove the red border
C - I want to make transparent or same green background color
D - I want to remove red border
D is also .secondaryBar, the border-bottom property specifically.
I found the issue. It was a piece of code I use in EXTRA.css to restrict the image size of signatures.

Code:
/* restrict the size of images in signatures */
.message .signature .bbCodeImage {
max-height: 125px;
max-width: 700px;
overflow-y: hidden !important;
overflow-x: hidden !important;
}
It seems the two overflow lines of code cause this issue. My limited understanding of CSS plus my handy link to the W3 site tells me that by setting the overflow property to hidden, any overflow should be...hidden!

The two things I do not understand here are:

1. If the signature was overflowing, the excess should be hidden. Instead it is behaving as if the overflow property was set to visible.

2. If I remove this code altogether, the signature fits in the box. Somehow using this code zooms in on the image.

I am a complete noob with CSS. This isn't a Flexile issue but since I am this deep into the matter here I thought I'd ask if anyone knows why this is happening? If not I'll move the matter to the general questions forum.
My guess is that the overflow lines are messing with the Javascript that automatically resizes the images to fit the page. The "excess" isn't being hidden because that property only applies when there is content inside of a fixed-width box that would normally overflow out of that box. Here, I think what is happening is that the actual box isn't being resized like it should, so technically the signature box is big enough to contain the whole signature, so nothing is "overflowing", and thus nothing is hidden.

The code doesn't technically zoom in on the image, rather it disables or overrides the XenForo Javascript code that makes the image smaller automatically. :) This would be a good issue to post in general support to get help from Kier & Mike or someone who is familiar with the XenForo Javscript. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom