1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Finding past warnings for a member

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Rudy, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Rudy

Rudy Well-Known Member

We're transitioning over to using the warning system, but for the life of me, I can't find out how we can look at old warnings that have been issued. We need to review those to see a member's history. I thought I'd seen a link for that somewhere, but...where would it be?

It does help to go back and look through expired warnings, to see what they were issued for, and for how long. It helps us see if a member has a history of certain kinds of issues.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

View the member's profile.

They are listed under the Warnings tab.
  3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

There's a tab on the profile page (if you have the necessary permission, "view warning details").
  4. Rudy

Rudy Well-Known Member

Jeez...I'm having a senior moment and not seeing it. Is that on the public side, or in the admin control panel?

Good point mike--let me check those permissions. (This makes me think it's on the public side of the forum.) Back shortly...
  5. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The warnings tab is on the front end.

Attached Files:

6. Rudy

Rudy Well-Known Member

I'm not seeing it, and permissions are OK ("View warning details:" is set to Allow, for moderators and admins.)

This is where I should see it, as an extra tab, correct? (I swore I'd seen it--that's what is bugging me!)

7. Brogan

Either there are no warnings or you have a permission conflict.

Use the Analyze Permissions function.
  8. Rudy

Rudy Well-Known Member

I see KingK and I cross-posted... :D

@Brogan: I might also have to disable add-ons and see if there is a conflict with one of them.

Back shortly...
  9. Rudy

Rudy Well-Known Member

Permissions still look good:

Next up: disabling add-ons.
  10. Jeremy

Thing Fish doesn't have warning points if you have don't have a customized sidebar (last number is Warning Points). The tab is hidden in that case. Unless you've done what Paul says below (forgot about that case).
  11. Brogan

The tab still shows if warnings have been issued and the points are at 0.
    Jeremy likes this.
  12. Rudy

Rudy Well-Known Member

I figured it out: the tab does not show if there are no warnings ever issued? I had to find one of my test user accounts and sure enough, there's the warning tab with three warnings on it.

I had a staffer issue a warning with zero points just to send a reminder to the member to change an avatar. Maybe he didn't submit the warning as he'd thought, or maybe the warning does not post if there are zero points attached.
  13. Rudy

Rudy Well-Known Member

OK, tested a zero-point warning and it still issues the warning. I think our moderator got distracted (he watches the forum from work when he can) and didn't submit it.
  14. Brogan

Yes, I use zero point warnings on my site as notifications and history so that is definitely possible.

Obviously a case of moderator PEBKAC ;)
  15. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

What's that stand for? =P
  16. Jeremy

Problem Exists Between Keyboard and Computer
    Amaury likes this.
  17. Rudy

Rudy Well-Known Member

That gives me an idea for tracking member issues that would really help us out!

Now I have to break it to him...gently... :D
  18. snoopy5

snoopy5 Well-Known Member

I need a way as admin to search for all members, who got a warning in the past and display them to check the warning text.

How can I do this?
  19. Jeremy

You currently cannot search for users with Warning points (or previous warnings). You'd need an add-on.
  20. snoopy5

snoopy5 Well-Known Member

Is there one available? have not found one....