XF 1.2 Finding past warnings for a member

Wildcat Media

We're transitioning over to using the warning system, but for the life of me, I can't find out how we can look at old warnings that have been issued. We need to review those to see a member's history. I thought I'd seen a link for that somewhere, but...where would it be?

It does help to go back and look through expired warnings, to see what they were issued for, and for how long. It helps us see if a member has a history of certain kinds of issues.

Jeez...I'm having a senior moment and not seeing it. Is that on the public side, or in the admin control panel?

Good point mike--let me check those permissions. (This makes me think it's on the public side of the forum.) Back shortly...

I'm not seeing it, and permissions are OK ("View warning details:" is set to Allow, for moderators and admins.)

This is where I should see it, as an extra tab, correct? (I swore I'd seen it--that's what is bugging me!)

upload_2013-8-15_14-35-54.webp

Thing Fish doesn't have warning points if you have don't have a customized sidebar (last number is Warning Points). The tab is hidden in that case. Unless you've done what Paul says below (forgot about that case).

I figured it out: the tab does not show if there are no warnings ever issued? I had to find one of my test user accounts and sure enough, there's the warning tab with three warnings on it.

I had a staffer issue a warning with zero points just to send a reminder to the member to change an avatar. Maybe he didn't submit the warning as he'd thought, or maybe the warning does not post if there are zero points attached.

Yes, I use zero point warnings on my site as notifications and history so that is definitely possible.

Obviously a case of moderator PEBKAC ;)

Top Bottom