XF 1.0 File Upload and Image Placement Using Quick Reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everybody loves quick reply. Most forum software has implemented it in some form these days, but it tends to be lacking some functionality that means you often have to drag yourself back to the full editor page to achieve what you want, especially when it comes to attaching files to your messages.

XenForo allows you to upload files and place uploaded images into your posts right from the quick reply box when you're viewing a thread, you can then submit your message and it will be added to the discussion instantly.

... without ever leaving the page or opening a separate browser window.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I suggest you view this video at full-size by clicking the full-screen gadget in the bottom-right of the video.

test:
hardi_mais2.webp

thumb:
leeb_td1.webp

I think I just fell in love with an image upload feature...

I feel in love with the whole XenForo package, just after a few days. I mean, isn't it just amazing? Better have this feeling then spending the last 8 months over at vBulletin feeling (almost) nothing but frustration, irritation, anger, disappointment, de-motivation (should I go on?) and doubt. Glad to see you like this as well, you seemed to be one of the few vBulletin 'promoters' left over there?

so how to zoom in into a pic, as shown on Kiers video ?
I can not see this effect on the pics posted here.....

Glad to see you like this as well, you seemed to be one of the few vBulletin 'promoters' left over there?

I tend to find myself more impartial to all the politics of these entities, and instead just go with my own experience and then what I retrieve via user feedback. I actually like IPB, VB and xenforo... I think they all have their unique niceties... If all 3 could play nice together and develop the one outcome... wow... would users just win win!!!

Yes... that full size image aspects needs to set a maximum for the screen being viewed upon I think. That is a bit silly it just going insane.

By this do you mean check if the height and width are greater than $x and $y, then automatically use the thumbnail, or just link? Or do you mean it in some other way?

By this do you mean check if the height and width are greater than $x and $y, then automatically use the thumbnail, or just link? Or do you mean it in some other way?

Defaulting to a thumbnail would be nice, lest the bug just gets fixed instead and it works properly.

Come to the Xen side... We have cookies ;)

We did anyway... Um... not that I would know what happened to them, I swear.

Kier: Screw coding. You should go into narrating documentaries / sex ed videos :)
Mike: Philly accent, but from the UK? Mkay... BTW, we say it as wudder, not wuder :-)

Come to the Xen side... We have cookies ;)
That just made my sig lol!

What I mean is that an image posted inline to what this specific style I would take at around the 960px standard fixed width design, then when clicking on the image it should not break out to the right side in full size, but instead either open in an ajax window automatically scaled to the first boundary for resolution it hits, or open in a new tab. Something better than clicking it and it breaking out the right side of the design... how???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom