File Health Check: Cool new Feature in 1.0.3

Digital Doctor

Copied from the Announcement
File Health Check

Over the past few months of delivering technical support for XenForo, we have found that problems are very frequently due to customers not having completely uploaded all the files associated with a version, resulting in a mismatch of code.

With 1.0.3, we debut the File Health Check system, which allows you to run a check with just a few clicks to see if all the appropriate files are in place and contain the correct contents. If any problems are detected, you will be alerted to the error.

file-health-png.16601

Of course, being XenForo, the File Health Check system provides a code event to allow add-on authors to add their own code into the health check so that they too can benefit from knowing that all their files have been successfully uploaded.

Cool idea. I guess it works on MD5 checksums ? (No details are provided). or checking versions in .xml files ?
It is a super cool feature for addon authors to be able to do File Health Checks too.

I certainly think this very useful and practical tool is an example of Xenforo looking out for
webmasters wanting a great forum which is easy administrate.
I certainly think this feature needs an entry in: Have you Seen ?
Great work Xenforo !
http://xenforo.com/community/forums/have-you-seen/

=======================================
Changes in Xenforo 1.0.3

File Health Check:)

Other changes:
Google +1
ImageMagick Image Handler
Permission to Report
Log Out Confirmation
Fix: email spam from target-able xenforo pages requiring email confirmations (effectively spamming forum users)
====================

Reading the forums over the past year, I have been surprised to hear/read that "incomplete file uploads" have been determined to be the cause of many hard to diagnose forum problems. Glad to hear this problem will be significantly minimized.

For some reason a lot of my files are failing it, mainly JavaScript but also Permissions.php

I've re-uploaded them several times but they still get flagged.

I don't think they failed as they all seem to be working fine. I was waiting to see if it was an issue with the health-check system for anyone else before looking into it too much.

I also use XFOptimise which I don't know if it'll be affected the JS files..?

These aren't files I've modified.

I've literally taken library/XenForo/Model/Permission.php from the upgrade zip I downloaded from the member area and reuploaded it several times now and it still fails the health check.

Like I said, the rest are JS so not sure if XFOptimise might be responsible for those...

Is this normal?

File Health Check

Potential Problems

1. install/templates/PAGE_CONTAINER.php File not found.

2. install/templates/install_index.php File not found.

3. install/templates/install_step3.php File not found.

4. install/templates/install_step1.php File not found.

5. install/templates/install_step1b.php File not found.

6. install/templates/install_config.php File not found.

7. install/templates/cache_rebuild.php File not found.

8. install/templates/upgrade_complete.php File not found.

9. install/templates/install_step2.php File not found.

10. install/templates/upgrade_start.php File not found.

11. install/templates/message.php File not found.

12. install/templates/install_step4.php File not found.

13. install/templates/install_complete.php File not found.

14. install/templates/error.php File not found.

15. install/templates/error_not_found.php File not found.

16. install/templates/install_config_generated.php File not found.

17. install/templates/upgrade_current.php File not found.

18. install/templates/upgrade_run.php File not found.

19. install/templates/install_wrapper.php File not found.

20. install/templates/error_server_error.php File not found.

21. install/templates/upgrade_login.php File not found.

22. install/index.php File not found.

23. install/data/options.xml File not found.

24. install/data/admin_permissions.xml File not found.

25. install/data/admin_templates.xml File not found.

26. install/data/email_templates.xml File not found.

27. install/data/style_properties.xml File not found.

28. install/data/cron.xml File not found.

29. install/data/code_events.xml File not found.

30. install/data/permissions.xml File not found.

31. install/data/admin_style_properties.xml File not found.

32. install/data/route_prefixes.xml File not found.

33. install/data/phrases.xml File not found.

34. install/data/admin_navigation.xml File not found.

35. install/data/templates.xml File not found.

36. install/language_en.php File not found.

37. install/data/index.html File not found.

Oh the days asking for support on vb "Can you turn all addons off and check the dam file health check" X_X you know they will say the same here now ;)

"Can you turn all addons off and check the dam file health check" X_X you know they will say the same here now ;)
The file health check will be an invaluable trouble shooting tool.

From experience a significant number of problems have been due to failed FTP transactions.

The file health check will be an invaluable trouble shooting tool.

From experience a significant number of problems have been due to failed FTP transactions.
Yea, I was recalling some fun days from the past. I'll just shut up now.

Cool idea. I guess it works on MD5 checksums ? (No details are provided). or checking versions in .xml files ?
It is a super cool feature for addon authors to be able to do File Health Checks too.

I certainly think this very useful and practical tool is an example of Xenforo looking out for
webmasters wanting a great forum which is easy administrate.
I certainly think this feature needs an entry in: Have you Seen ?
Great work Xenforo !
http://xenforo.com/community/forums/have-you-seen/

Reading the forums over the past year, I have been surprised to hear/read that "incomplete file uploads" have been determined to be the cause of many hard to diagnose forum problems. Glad to hear this problem will be significantly minimized.

I completely agree, a tiny little update, but such a valuable improvement.

Great job to the XenForo team. Thumbs up.

my problem is
Code:
    js/tinymce/jquery.tinymce.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/utils/form_utils.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/utils/mctabs.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/utils/editable_selects.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/utils/validate.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/plugins/pagebreak/editor_plugin_src.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/plugins/pagebreak/editor_plugin.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/plugins/directionality/editor_plugin_src.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/plugins/directionality/editor_plugin.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/plugins/tabfocus/editor_plugin_src.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/plugins/tabfocus/editor_plugin.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/plugins/template/editor_plugin_src.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/plugins/template/langs/en_dlg.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/plugins/template/js/template.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/plugins/template/editor_plugin.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/plugins/table/editor_plugin_src.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/plugins/table/langs/en_dlg.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/plugins/table/js/row.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/plugins/table/js/table.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/plugins/table/js/merge_cells.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/plugins/table/js/cell.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/plugins/table/editor_plugin.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/plugins/fullpage/editor_plugin_src.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/plugins/fullpage/langs/en_dlg.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/plugins/fullpage/js/fullpage.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/plugins/fullpage/editor_plugin.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/plugins/spellchecker/editor_plugin_src.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/plugins/spellchecker/editor_plugin.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/plugins/noneditable/editor_plugin_src.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/plugins/noneditable/editor_plugin.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/plugins/layer/editor_plugin_src.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/plugins/layer/editor_plugin.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/plugins/fullscreen/editor_plugin_src.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/plugins/fullscreen/editor_plugin.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/plugins/iespell/editor_plugin_src.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/plugins/iespell/editor_plugin.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/plugins/contextmenu/editor_plugin_src.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/plugins/contextmenu/editor_plugin.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/plugins/legacyoutput/editor_plugin_src.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/plugins/legacyoutput/editor_plugin.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/plugins/nonbreaking/editor_plugin_src.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/plugins/nonbreaking/editor_plugin.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/plugins/paste/editor_plugin_src.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/plugins/paste/langs/en_dlg.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/plugins/paste/js/pastetext.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/plugins/paste/js/pasteword.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/plugins/paste/editor_plugin.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/plugins/autosave/editor_plugin_src.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/plugins/autosave/langs/en.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/plugins/autosave/editor_plugin.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/plugins/autoresize/editor_plugin_src.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/plugins/autoresize/editor_plugin.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/tiny_mce_popup.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/tiny_mce_src.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/tiny_mce.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/themes/xenforo/js/color_picker.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/themes/xenforo/js/image.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/themes/xenforo/js/code.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/themes/xenforo/js/media.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/themes/xenforo/js/link.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/tinymce/themes/xenforo/editor_template.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/jquery/jquery.xenforo.rollup.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/jquery/jquery-1.4.4.min.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/swfupload/swfupload.min.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/xenforo/rating.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/xenforo/acp_login.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/xenforo/personal_details_editor.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/xenforo/attachment_editor.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/xenforo/discussion.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/xenforo/cache_rebuild.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/xenforo/inline_mod.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/xenforo/discussion_list.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/xenforo/contact_details_editor.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/xenforo/color_picker.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/xenforo/feed_preview.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/xenforo/news_feed.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/xenforo/quick_reply_profile.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/xenforo/options_censor.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/xenforo/permission.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/xenforo/template_edit.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/xenforo/filter_list.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/xenforo/style_property_editor.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/xenforo/lightbox.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/xenforo/follow.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/xenforo/avatar_editor.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/xenforo/conversation_invite.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/xenforo/xenforo.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/xenforo/event_listener.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/xenforo/comments_simple.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.
    js/xenforo/spam_cleaner.js Diese Datei enthielt nicht die erwarteten Inhalte.

Upload the files once more.

The check has determined that those files aren't as expected.

Upload the files once more.

The check has determined that those files aren't as expected.

HI Brogan

can it be that it has to do with the addon XFOptimise

I uploaded the new files do, and it goes

But when I used the addon XFOptimise the messages come back

sorry for my English
is google translator

Ah yes, I have seen other reports related to that as that add-on compresses the files so does actually change them.

All I can suggest is you run the file check after uploading, then run the XF Optimiser add-on.

Now I only have the message the install directory can not be found

I have deleted the install directory after the update

is that ok

Top Bottom