Favourite Discovery So Far?

Kier

XenForo developer
Staff member
As you play around for the first time, what big or little feature has stuck out as your favourite so far?

I also want to add 'questions of members being answered by staff members' instead of the usual 'maybe some day some place and maybe not' answers we've got used to at some other official forums.

I also want to add 'questions of members being answered by staff members' instead of the usual 'maybe some day some place and maybe not' answers we've got used to at some other official forums.

The community is still very new. It only got started yesterday. I hope I'm wrong, but probably as it grows, the replies from Staff will be less frequent. Hard to respond to 10000 questions a day

The community is still very new. It only got started yesterday. I hope I'm wrong, but probably as it grows, the replies from Staff will be less frequent. Hard to respond to 10000 questions a day
I do know. It wasn't about the frequency, it's the answers themselves I'm aiming at. Kier and Mike are currently giving straight, clear and honest answers to the questions, while vB didn't do that so much imo.

So far I like the simplicity. I think one of the problems with VB is that it has become so unwieldy. So far this looks a lot less cluttered. I have to take a serious look at this project as it may come down the line in the future that we migrate 30-40 forums to this; my biggest overall concern is how complicated things will become. It is my hope that you build with simplicity in mind but with the ability to introduce complexity where it is wanted. I must say though, I really like what I see so far. I think I would have more to offer once/if I get a chance to see the back end and the code and how it performs on the infrastructure I normally work with. I would love to delve into the internals! :)

I love having the avatars next to the threads on the thread listing page. I love how easy it is to read through a thread. I don't know, there's so much I love about this so far....but my favorite discovery, of course, is Kier and Mike working together on this :D

So far I like the simplicity. I think one of the problems with VB is that it has become so unwieldy. So far this looks a lot less cluttered. I have to take a serious look at this project as it may come down the line in the future that we migrate 30-40 forums to this; my biggest overall concern is how complicated things will become. It is my hope that you build with simplicity in mind but with the ability to introduce complexity where it is wanted. I must say though, I really like what I see so far. I think I would have more to offer once/if I get a chance to see the back end and the code and how it performs on the infrastructure I normally work with. I would love to delve into the internals! :)

Indeed. You can definitely tell the user experience (UI) was not an after thought here.

So much good stuff here... If I had to pick one favorite so far though I'd say it's the javascript used to show a members' details when you click on their avatar/username. Very nice and slick, as is most everything else I've seen so far.

Top Bottom