Favourite Discovery So Far?

Kier

XenForo developer
Staff member
As you play around for the first time, what big or little feature has stuck out as your favourite so far?

I've dropped a note to Kier (after talking to Mikey & Christopher) about perhaps considering sorting the tables with jQuery or ajax. It's minor though. It's not using tables so it loads as it comes. Which is great.

I would agree as long as there's some sort of fallback. I hate stuff with fancy JavaScript that doesn't degrade nicely. Which is interesting, considering there's a lot of JS here. Hmm... off to test with JS disabled. :D

I've dropped a note to Kier (after talking to Mikey & Christopher) about perhaps considering sorting the tables with jQuery or ajax. It's minor though. It's not using tables so it loads as it comes. Which is great.

I would agree as long as there's some sort of fallback. I hate stuff with fancy JavaScript that doesn't degrade nicely. Which is interesting, considering there's a lot of JS here. Hmm... off to test with JS disabled. :D

I was surprised to see how well it looked and worked without js, just seems to be unable to post; which is weird.

I really like the Staff Online box! The fact that it's right up front, and stands out so clearly, will make it very easy for people who are new to forums to know who to turn to when they need help. :)

How tricky is that... just noticed the thread display tab at the bottom. Slick stuff. Mike and Kier, seriously impressive work for an alpha release. Congrats guys, I will be buying atleast one to test, play with, and no doubt use on a new startup I am sponsoring which I will put off until a final product is launched. I do like trying new things.

I like how when you post something the new post appears. I also like that if you press 'more options' your post doesn't get deleted. Nice.

Oh, and although it's not a feature, I liked just how small the ToS is you have to agree to. :)

Top Bottom