1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favourite Discovery So Far?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Kier, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

As you play around for the first time, what big or little feature has stuck out as your favourite so far?
    Onimua likes this.
  2. Mert

Mert Well-Known Member

The main thing i loved is the UI improvements. Especially the clean design is nice. However we need a Bug tracker :)
  3. The little stuff so far - love the drop down menus top right, the pop-ins when you click a "who's online", some of the registration form structure etc :) It finally feels like a "web app".
  4. Floris

Floris Guest

Favorite discovery is when you login to the admin cp the big logo zooms out to the mini logo in the top.
  5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

How about a bug report forum, does that count? :)
  6. Mert

Mert Well-Known Member

Surely :)
  7. Mert

Mert Well-Known Member

Nested quote support , great :)
  8. Mike

Capped at 2 levels, I believe. (For automatic quoting. Unlimited depth otherwise.)
  9. Floren

Floren Well-Known Member

10. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

I really like the profile preview boxes, but I have to admit I didn't expect to see the trophy feature... I had looked at it under the Alerts box in confusion, but that disappeared quickly. Very nifty and fun feature; I assume that it can be extended to other things, not just the amount of posts? Perhaps uploading your first avatar, creating a signature, etc.

Overall I'm amazed. I keep finding a number of new surprises so I'm not quite sure exactly which to pick first.
  11. Mike

Right now, it's very static criteria (>X days registered, >X posts, >X likes), but we want to do hooks to give you trophies for specific events. They have to be implemented specifically, whereas the criteria-based ones can be built by admins.
  12. Christopher

Christopher Member

I just saw the trophy feature, too. Love the idea! Reminds me of stackoverflow when I get a badge, I feel all warm inside ;)
    Kier and Floris like this.
  13. Jerry

Jerry Well-Known Member

The feel, it's smooth all slick and swish, feels like Jeeves is behind the scenes.
  14. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

The appearance of quotes in a post is attractive. Very nice layout.

I also like that I got a trophy already! :D
    pipedreams likes this.
  15. Kier

Okay, let's go to this thread and post lots of replies so we can play with the animation on the pagenav once it gets above 7 pages :)
  16. Mert

Mert Well-Known Member

The arrow animation ?
  17. Kier

As soon as we reach 7 pages we should be able to see it.
  18. Mike

Though if you click the arrow in one of the quote buttons, there's a different animation...
  19. Brandon

Brandon Active Member

I love the floating forum descriptions. When I uploaded an avatar it was automatically resized and then I could pan the image any direction to center it within my avatar frame. THAT... is exceptional UI design.
    Nix, s.molinari and Floris like this.
  20. Freddie

Freddie Active Member

Kier I am waiting with much anticipation