Favourite Discovery So Far?

Kier

XenForo developer
Staff member
As you play around for the first time, what big or little feature has stuck out as your favourite so far?

Mert

The main thing i loved is the UI improvements. Especially the clean design is nice. However we need a Bug tracker :)

The little stuff so far - love the drop down menus top right, the pop-ins when you click a "who's online", some of the registration form structure etc :) It finally feels like a "web app".

F

Floris

Favorite discovery is when you login to the admin cp the big logo zooms out to the mini logo in the top.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
Capped at 2 levels, I believe. (For automatic quoting. Unlimited depth otherwise.)

Onimua

I really like the profile preview boxes, but I have to admit I didn't expect to see the trophy feature... I had looked at it under the Alerts box in confusion, but that disappeared quickly. Very nifty and fun feature; I assume that it can be extended to other things, not just the amount of posts? Perhaps uploading your first avatar, creating a signature, etc.

Overall I'm amazed. I keep finding a number of new surprises so I'm not quite sure exactly which to pick first.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
Right now, it's very static criteria (>X days registered, >X posts, >X likes), but we want to do hooks to give you trophies for specific events. They have to be implemented specifically, whereas the criteria-based ones can be built by admins.

Kier

XenForo developer
Staff member
Okay, let's go to this thread and post lots of replies so we can play with the animation on the pagenav once it gets above 7 pages :)

Brandon

I love the floating forum descriptions. When I uploaded an avatar it was automatically resized and then I could pan the image any direction to center it within my avatar frame. THAT... is exceptional UI design.