FamilyGuyFans.com

Yes, I am using Showcase by bobster65.

Literally impossible for me to list all the great features it has, as well as continually praise the excellent support. I highly suggest grabbing a copy, it is one of about 5 add-ons that can define a site.

Thank you for your help! I want to install it on my test board :)

Finally got around to adding @Chris Deeming 's XenMediaGallery.... looks good for the subject matter. If you have any funny Family Guy/American Dad/Cleveland Show images, feel free to upload them.

http://familyguyfans.com/media/

Just using 4 categories for the time being:
  • Family Guy
  • American Dad
  • The Cleveland Show
  • All 'Toons Media (any other cartoon related images)
May eventually add another, just not entirely sure at this point. This site is more for giggles for me, and seeing what I am capable of editing. Still not much activity, doubtful to really be any.... but I find the subject highly entertaining myself. Haha.

If you are a fan of any of these shows, feel free to join in on my mayhem....

Trying out UI.X by @Audentio

Going to see what changes I can make in order to differentiate this theme from the others that have purchased it. Not sure I like the sidebar on the left hand side just yet though... takes some getting used to.

Come to the conclusion a website with a ton of nodes, for whatever reason, just doesn't seem to mesh well with UI.X

Anywho, feel free to take a look as I change things.

Looks awesome!

Couple things to note, and documentation is to come, but you can easily move the sidebar back to the right. If you go to Style Properties > [UI.X] Global Settings, you can see all sorts of stuff. You can also set node style back to normal by simple changing @uix_nodeStyle from 1 to 0 (was planning on adding more node styles later).

Looks awesome!

Couple things to note, and documentation is to come, but you can easily move the sidebar back to the right. If you go to Style Properties > [UI.X] Global Settings, you can see all sorts of stuff. You can also set node style back to normal by simple changing @uix_nodeStyle from 1 to 0 (was planning on adding more node styles later).

Yeah, I have switched them around. I have already explored all the settings.

I like the nodes how they are now, I have two for each show, plus the page link at the bottom leading to @Bob B Showcase. Works well for the look I am aiming for.

I just really love the way your forum is layed out, you did an awesome job. The way you have it setup gave me an idea.

If you add this to EXTRA.css:

Code:
.node_4 .categoryStrip, .node_4 .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node_4 .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
background-color: #00A0D4;
}
.node_4 .unread .nodeText .nodeTitle a {color: #00A0D4;}

.node_6 .categoryStrip, .node_6 .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node_6 .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
background-color: #7B3E92;
}
.node_6 .unread .nodeText .nodeTitle a {color: #7B3E92;}

.node_5 .categoryStrip, .node_5 .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node_5 .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
background-color: #F32619;
}

.node_5 .unread .nodeText .nodeTitle a {color: #F32619;}

You get something like what is attached.

Not sure if you like that kind of stuff, but I thought it kinda would work well with your banners.

Attachments

• famguyfans.webp
    famguyfans.webp
    100.1 KB · Views: 35
Yeah, works really well.

Not sure about the node icons just yet though, I likely need to get something I like in there (I usually try to change those regardless)....

Whats up with this?

KBSwA66.png

Going off the suggestion from @Audentio I set up my forums in this manner.

Screenshot_1.webp Screenshot_2.webp Screenshot_3.webp

The bottom section is just your standard page link, but wanted to have each individual show shown somehow.

Those are the main forums.

Then I decided to create one to have a discussion area for the others.
Screenshot_4.webp

Still a bit more to do, feel free to stop by, critique, offer suggestions, etc.

Going off the suggestion from @Audentio I set up my forums in this manner.

View attachment 55080 View attachment 55081 View attachment 55082

The bottom section is just your standard page link, but wanted to have each individual show shown somehow.

Those are the main forums.

Then I decided to create one to have a discussion area for the others.
View attachment 55083

Still a bit more to do, feel free to stop by, critique, offer suggestions, etc.

Still don't like the inset shadow. Highly suggest you remove them.

Top Bottom