Facebook's new new new design

I liked it, personally. I posted that what I found ironic, was that the only reason I knew who hated the new changes, was because of the new changes. I've actually interacted with my Friends more because this layout makes them more obvious to me. And I can look at pictures and comments posted at a glance. I'm sure there are a lot of people who hate it, but thing about that is, the people who like it, or who don't care, won't ever say much. And they're probably in the majority. The vocal majority, however, will always think they're they pulse of the nation.

I liked it, personally. I posted that what I found ironic, was that the only reason I knew who hated the new changes, was because of the new changes. I've actually interacted with my Friends more because this layout makes them more obvious to me. And I can look at pictures and comments posted at a glance. I'm sure there are a lot of people who hate it, but thing about that is, the people who like it, or who don't care, won't ever say much. And they're probably in the majority. The vocal majority, however, will always think they're they pulse of the nation.
I find it hard to believe you're actually seeing more updates with this update than the previous one. The only instance where I could find that true is if you never used the "most recent" link and only used Facebook's default "top news" link which was displayed first on the home page when you first log in. Otherwise, if you used "most recent," you'd end up with a full list of all updates from your friends, nothing "filtered" for you.

qkOeY.jpg

Q5Iyu.png

sPteZ.jpg

I find it hard to believe you're actually seeing more updates with this update than the previous one. The only instance where I could find that true is if you never used the "most recent" link and only used Facebook's default "top news" link which was displayed first on the home page when you first log in. Otherwise, if you used "most recent," you'd end up with a full list of all updates from your friends, nothing "filtered" for you.
Nope, not the Feed. The Status Ticker. Notice far more since that updates live than I ever have with the Feed.

What is irritating to me DJ is that the very same information that's in the ticker, is still in the newsfeed as well.
Redundant.

Not too much of a fan of the info overload but I'll adjust like everyone else.

The new timeline profile though is great and yet I expect to hear everyone complain about it next week when it rolls out to everyone.

Ticker lists all updates by your friends, news feed on the other hand is really just listing people you interact with.

Scott, I see the same thing in the ticker that's in my newsfeed. Joe and Pat are now friends.
Debbie and 2 other friends are now friends with chuck.

This stuff is in both places and it's just as annoying in one as it is the other. Who cares who's friends with who?
That damn ticker is the most annoying thing, and of all the changes, I see people asking how to remove that more than anything else.

The ticker updates instantly as things happen, it will surface more content for people. Especially those with larger friend sets and as music starts coming in for more people it will surface there more than news feed.

For hiding friend stories from ticker, see https://www.facebook.com/help/?faq=266468286709084 You can chose what types of content appear there and it will learn over time what you want to see.

The ticker updates instantly as things happen, it will surface more content for people. Especially those with larger friend sets and as music starts coming in for more people it will surface there more than news feed.

For hiding friend stories from ticker, see https://www.facebook.com/help/?faq=266468286709084 You can chose what types of content appear there and it will learn over time what you want to see.
I'd rather be able to hide it altogether. There should be an option to do so.

Top Bottom