• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

EzIRC - IRC Chat Add-on

subtato

What is EzIRC?
EzIRC is a chat add-on for vBulletin. It's provided access to IRC chatrooms and servers for a few years now.
EzIRC has made the conversion to XenForo, and it's better than ever! EzIRC is now more secure, more reliable, and is supported by the ezirc development team, xenfans, and many other users.
EzIRC supports only one client for now - that is Mibbit. In the future we will most likely add some more clients for end-user productivity on your chatroom.

Why should I choose EzIRC?
EzIRC is the most simplistic option, as we allow the end-user to simply be able to press 'Connect' and go. Even better, it's easy for you to configure your IRC options in moments, setup statistics, and continue upon your business.
It takes approx. 1-2 minutes to install and configure, and the end-user will love the ability to chat.

What IRC Network should I choose?
Personally, I would have to say you should choose vbirc. Our network has many experienced operators, netadmins, support operators, and just experienced users. We welcome you to our network with open arms, and hope you enjoy using our network.

Where will support be provided?
Support will be provided under the EzIRC for vB & xF category on EzIRC.org. As the only developer, I will try my best to provide support as quickly as I can.

If you have any questions, feel free to post in the "General Questions." Thank you for considering EzIRC - and welcome to the new revolution of forum software. :) Found a bug? Report it on our website: www.ezirc.org

Demo: http://www.hailxenu.net/community/index.php?ezirc/
Download links: http://vbirc.com/xenforo

Excellent job :) We will soon update vbirc.com/xenforo :)
Thanks Floris, and already done. :D

Please note: if you've already downloaded EzIRC, there may or may not be a bug with library/ezirc/Validate/Gen.php - I've reuploaded the .zip file, and you only have to reupload that file (or you can upload all files). No reimporting of the product XML neeeded. Sorry about that guys, got bad advice at the last minute that worked, and then didn't. :p
Anyone who downloads EzIRC from this point on - you have the most stable version of EzIRC there will be for the moment. :)

You should check, if SEO is enabled or not. If it isn't, then the content isn't available, because of the false URL.

You should check, if SEO is enabled or not. If it isn't, then the content isn't available, because of the false URL.
Right, I hadn't done that yet, meant to - it's a simple function that I overlooked - considered a ezirc bug.
I will have this in the next version - thank you for your comment :)

It would be great, if you could add an option (ACP) for Default-Channels.
I do not understand your request, we have a "Channel Manager" - this manages all channels and permissions for those channels. Is this what you're looking for?

Remote Authentication, meaning NickServ password auth and such?
Mibbit does not support a on-connect command, thus I cannot implement it into mibbit.
On the other hand, a client or two I wish to build in will support such.

Remote Authentication meaning unless you are registered on my website... you can't join the chatroom.

Foreign characters don't show up correctly. Also there's a huge banner inviting my users to another chatroom :)
The banner is called an ad. It's Mibbit's way of getting money - if you don't like the ads, you can either pay $10 a month to Mibbit.com for 25 concurrent users on the chat, or wait for another client to be supported by ezirc.

Can I toss in a feature request? I haven't actually installed this, but I have started to frequent xenfans.com, and they do. On the homepage, there is a "online" users in chat... can you make a link to XenForo users and link them? Like "Online Members" but online users? I'd probably accomplish this with a profile field / user option.

Can I toss in a feature request? I haven't actually installed this, but I have started to frequent xenfans.com, and they do. On the homepage, there is a "online" users in chat... can you make a link to XenForo users and link them? Like "Online Members" but online users? I'd probably accomplish this with a profile field / user option.
I was considering such, or if I should link the names to vbirc statistics. I will see what I can find, as far as keeping queries down and linking users. :)

How can we use this without Friendly Urls enabled?
Travis,

I have a development version with the fix applied - I will probably release it tomorrow, should there not be any major bugs or issues.
The SEO was a fault of not coding consistently, and this has been fixed within the addon. :)

Top Bottom