• List Item
  • List Item
Now select the above and indent:

Here is a list​
          • List Item
          • List Item
          • List Item
Extra bullet appears!

I've tried this several times on Chrome for both the Mac and Android and can't replicate this.

Maybe you could screen record the exact process (using something like licecap) so we can try following exactly what you are doing to see if we can replicate it?

I can reproduce this.
The resulting BB code:

[INDENT][INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]
[LIST]
[*][LIST]
[*][LIST]
[*]Item 1
[*]Item 2
[*]Item 3
[/LIST]
[/LIST]
[/LIST][/code]

The HTML display is correct, but the BB code produced is all wrong. This isn't apparent until you submit the post.

• Item 1
      • Item 2
      • Item 3

That's as designed, really, the bullet styles changing. The bullet styles change for each indent level (until we run out of bullet styles ;))

I can really only call this a partial fix. I have made an adjustment which handles the nested lists that Chrome generates and turns them into indents like Firefox. However, there are internal browser differences beyond that. Based on the HTML5 spec, what Chrome is generating is actually invalid. It's doing <ul><ul><ul>...<li>; the spec refers only to child <li> (or <script>/<template>) tags. As such, there are situations where the BB code generates slightly different HTML (which is actually valid based on the spec).

Top Bottom