External Accounts Extended

External Accounts Extended 2018-03-02

No permission to download
I am Trying to connect with Linkedin but not successful.

Provided the url in Linkedin
http://www.mywebsite.com/xen/register/linkedin

Linkedin provided 4 codes but only 2 fields in add-on to to added in admincp options.
Which of these we need to input in admincp for Linkedin?

• API Key:
    78qicimujxxxx8

• Secret Key:
    DT1ajJbW4XRxxrPt

• OAuth User Token:
    0ab994ce-2c7b-4695-9xx-9833fb53cf16

• OAuth User Secret:
    3ab1f1d8-2c6d-44f1-xxx0-5ad41d7a561f

upload_2014-11-22_13-37-18.webp

Last edited:
I am Trying to connect with Linkedin but not successful.

Provided the url in Linkedin
http://www.mywebsite.com/xen/register/linkedin

Linkedin provided 4 codes but only 2 fields in add-on to to added in admincp options.
Which of these we need to input in admincp for Linkedin?

• API Key:
    xxx

• Secret Key:
    xxx

• OAuth User Token:
    xxx

• OAuth User Secret:
    xxx

View attachment 90096
You need to regenerate your API keys, you shouldn't have posted it on the forum it's sensitive data (like a password).

Try only using either the keys or the OAuth info in the options!

Yes, I changed several characters in the key before posting!!!

Appreciate your help for me to integrate Linkedin.

You need to regenerate your API keys, you shouldn't have posted it on the forum it's sensitive data (like a password).

Try only using either the keys or the OAuth info in the options!

Possible to add steam? I know someone else made a thing to connect steam but I would like to just have it all in one plugin like this.

It may be a conflict with my theme possibly.
Basically it will not show any of the networks you can login in from.
I'll test with another theme later but I would still like to see steam in this package regardless though if possible.

I've been trying to get twitch working on this, but something seems to be wrong. I have it redirecting to http://www.obeliskgaming.net/register/twitch but the page isn't functional; I keep getting a "an error occurred while connecting with Twitch" response. I'd check the "scopes" settings but I have no idea where that is.

Got an error:
PHP:
Server Error

Undefined variable: fields

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in ExternalExtended/Extend/ControllerPublic/Register.php at line 144
    ExternalExtended_Extend_ControllerPublic_Register->_actionRegister() in ExternalExtended/Extend/ControllerPublic/Register.php at line 283
    ExternalExtended_Extend_ControllerPublic_Register->actionSoundCloud() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
For temporary fix in file: library/ExternalExtended/Extend/ControllerPubli/Register.php
Find:
PHP:
        // Birthday processing
        if ($helper->birthdayExists)
Before add:
PHP:
        $fields = array();

After login via SoundCloud, entering username, email and date of birth in register form and submitting it, i have an error:
Code:
Please enter a valid email.
But i entered my email on step earlier.

I also have same error via login by GitHub. If i login to GitHub with my main account that have email same with my at forum - it successfully detect an existing user. If not - we have empty register form (username, email, date of birth) and have same error after filled and submitting it:
Code:
Please enter a valid email.

Can you fix it?

Maybe it's due to the XF 1.4 validation on register? Your addon send email in 'email' $POST field, but in XF this field have randomly name.

Same errors on your https://xenogamers.com/.

Last edited:
One more bug: on page account/external-accounts i have Twitter avatar and username displaying same at Facebook. But after installing your addon i only have Facebook avatar, Twitter data and Facebook username is missing and displaying that i have unknown account.

Original:
2014-11-25 16-13-57 Скриншот экрана.webp
With active addon:
2014-11-25 16-17-36 Скриншот экрана.webp

Some feature requests:

1) Display settings of all providers in ACP at one page. Too many options groups with 2 fields is not cool!
2) Add manage of external accounts in user edit page in ACP. Twitter, Facebook and Google+ have options, but all other providers not.
3) Add logging to user change log (when i add new external account to my account etc.).

Got an error:
PHP:
Server Error

Undefined variable: fields

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in ExternalExtended/Extend/ControllerPublic/Register.php at line 144
    ExternalExtended_Extend_ControllerPublic_Register->_actionRegister() in ExternalExtended/Extend/ControllerPublic/Register.php at line 283
    ExternalExtended_Extend_ControllerPublic_Register->actionSoundCloud() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
For temporary fix in file: library/ExternalExtended/Extend/ControllerPubli/Register.php
Find:
PHP:
        // Birthday processing
        if ($helper->birthdayExists)
Before add:
PHP:
        $fields = array();
Fixed!
One more bug: on page account/external-accounts i have Twitter avatar and username displaying same at Facebook. But after installing your addon i only have Facebook avatar, Twitter data and Facebook username is missing and displaying that i have unknown account.

Original:
View attachment 90306
With active addon:
View attachment 90309
Fixed!
Some feature requests:

1) Display settings of all providers in ACP at one page. Too many options groups with 2 fields is not cool!
2) Add manage of external accounts in user edit page in ACP. Twitter, Facebook and Google+ have options, but all other providers not.
3) Add logging to user change log (when i add new external account to my account etc.).

1. Maybe in a later version, gotta make sure doing that won't wipe current fields since nobody would like to re-enter them.
2. Done!
3. In a later version.

Working on the email issue now.

Fixed the validation issue. Basically the registration process was taking in user-entered data (such as the email) but then overwriting it. Added checks to see if user-entered data exists and the issue is fixed :)

Posting the update now. If no more issues arise, I'll start adding more features and providers!

Possible to add steam? I know someone else made a thing to connect steam but I would like to just have it all in one plugin like this.

I would like to see this too. Other one works fine, but still be one less add-on to have installed and keep track of updates of if you added it ;)

silence updated External Accounts Extended with a new update entry:

Update 2.4.0

- Added provider details to the user page in the Admin panel.
- Fixed 'fields' array in ControllerPublic not being initialized.
- Fixed the EE model unserializing default provider data, Register in ControllerPublic already does this so it ignores the defaults now. Also now respects other third-party (steam auth) addons and won't mess them up either.
- Removed div tag from account_external_accounts_extended to match other formats.
- Removed a ending tag from account_external_accounts_extended in...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I would like to see this too. Other one works fine, but still be one less add-on to have installed and keep track of updates of if you added it ;)
To authenticate with steam, it uses OpenId while the current state of the plugin is for oauth2.0 providers. I would have to code multiple features to allow for this so I'm not sure :(

I'll see what I can do.

Top Bottom