External Accounts Extended

External Accounts Extended 2018-03-02

No permission to download
Just purchased, not sure if i'll use yet (but wanted to show some support!)

quick questions --

1) can we limit which social networks people use to log in with? (I want LinkedIn only.)

and

2) What are the privacy ramifications of the plugin (if any) -- what sorts of forum info leak back out to the social networks people are using? (our forum is somewhat private, and we don't want posts and other topics gushing out to g+ et al...)

thanks!

Just purchased, not sure if i'll use yet (but wanted to show some support!)

quick questions --

1) can we limit which social networks people use to log in with? (I want LinkedIn only.)

and

2) What are the privacy ramifications of the plugin (if any) -- what sorts of forum info leak back out to the social networks people are using? (our forum is somewhat private, and we don't want posts and other topics gushing out to g+ et al...)

thanks!
1) You fill out the social networks you want in XenForo's admin options, any of them not filled out will not be used.
2) As of now, all the networks just read information from the specified social network, and does not post information back. Most of the networks included only request permissions to read their profile data. Maybe in the future I will include the ability to post back, share buttons, etc but I'm not sure it's what people want right now.

They all use states where available (Odnoklassniki does not have a state feature, the rest do) so they should be secure against csrf vulnerabilities.

The only thing stored in your database is their authentification token, and that's used to grab relavent information on registration for new users, and when visiting the 'External Accounts' page (makes an API call to get their avatar, profile URL, username) and it's all private so there shouldn't be an issue.

Let me know if you have any other questions :)

I'm going to be purchasing this very soon (After I get my paycheck), however, what about xbox, playstation, and origin login?

Ok, I just purchased your software. 1 question. The paypal email I used isn't my main email, could I get it changed?

Awesome, now like I said above, is it possible to get Xbox, Playstation, or Origin Login?
Microsoft (Xbox, etc) has support (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/live/hh243647.aspx) but the rest I cannot find.
Here's where I am. I've been terribly inactive but will pickup coding for this project at the end of the week.
Yahoo - Almost done, some strange issue that many other users are having that Yahoo has not addressed in months. Can't finish this until they fix it :(
Twitch - Done.
Pinterest - No web-end so unlikely to be done.
Microsoft will be done shortly :)

Top Bottom