External Accounts Extended

External Accounts Extended 2018-03-02

No permission to download
@silence, a suggestion for the FAQ you created. Since you are already familiar with the API's, examples of what the callback URL for the associated selections would be nice to have. That way it saves a LOT of research/debugging by the end user on figuring out what needs the /register/service and what doesn't. :)

Hi,
Quick question: How do i disable other associations if i only want Facebook, twitter and Google association?

@silence, there is apparently a template modification issue apparently with UI.X
The replacement text you are looking for is not in the default navigation_visitor_tab template but in the uix_visitorTabs template.

Screen Shot 2014-05-24 at 12.31.27 AM.webp

@silence, a suggestion for the FAQ you created. Since you are already familiar with the API's, examples of what the callback URL for the associated selections would be nice to have. That way it saves a LOT of research/debugging by the end user on figuring out what needs the /register/service and what doesn't. :)
I think that's already there with the LinkedIN example :D

@silence - a problem cropped up on my site when I upgraded my FoolHoneyPot.
I use 2 factor authentication add on, TAC and this add-on. When I upgraded you could no longer log in with 2 factor authentication.... it tried to register you as a new user. I finally figured out (after downgrading, etc) add-ons that if I disabled this one and then re-enabled it then things worked. Apparently there is a conflict somewhere when the other add-ons are installed? I had posted over in @tenants thread for his add-on about it and after some trouble shooting I believe it is actually this one that is presenting the problem.

EDIT:
OK, turns out just disabling does not work. I have to disable the 2 factor authentication for logons to occur or remove this add-on and use 2 factor. So apparently something is in conflict between the two.

Last edited:
Not real kosher:
Code:
<span class="externalUsersExtended" style="display: none;">Xeno Gamers is lurking in your source, powering your sites :D</span>

suddenly got this problem with register with linkedin....Invalid redirect_uri. This value must match a URL registered with the API Key.

Not real kosher:
Code:
<span class="externalUsersExtended" style="display: none;">Xeno Gamers is lurking in your source, powering your sites :D</span>

That's creepy. Did you go though all the source to ensure it's not stealing user/passwords when you log in?

That's creepy. Did you go though all the source to ensure it's not stealing user/passwords when you log in?
That's in most of my addons. I assure you it's not stealing passwords when you login :( I wouldn't sacrifice my reputation on XF by stealing user's passwords like that.
It's hidden of course but you may remove the template hook if you want :)

@silence - a problem cropped up on my site when I upgraded my FoolHoneyPot.
I use 2 factor authentication add on, TAC and this add-on. When I upgraded you could no longer log in with 2 factor authentication.... it tried to register you as a new user. I finally figured out (after downgrading, etc) add-ons that if I disabled this one and then re-enabled it then things worked. Apparently there is a conflict somewhere when the other add-ons are installed? I had posted over in @tenants thread for his add-on about it and after some trouble shooting I believe it is actually this one that is presenting the problem.

EDIT:
OK, turns out just disabling does not work. I have to disable the 2 factor authentication for logons to occur or remove this add-on and use 2 factor. So apparently something is in conflict between the two.
Uhhhh I'll see what I can do.
Which of his plugins was causing this?

@silence I got this wonderful addon to work with GitHub and LinkedIn without much problem. I would like it so on the member info GitHub account and LinkedIn account links are automatically added. The user can turn them off of course, but that seems like that shouldn't be too hard? How would I do that?

Uhhhh I'll see what I can do.
Which of his plugins was causing this?

I am getting some errors when a user tries to do initial registration through LinkedIn. They are getting an invalid email error:

Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: email - library/ExternalExtended/Extend/ControllerPublic/LinkedIn.php:217
Generated By: Unknown Account, 7 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/kingharrison/theiforums/library/ExternalExtended/Extend/ControllerPublic/LinkedIn.php(217): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/kingharri...', 217, Array)
#1 /home/kingharrison/theiforums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): ExternalExtended_Extend_ControllerPublic_LinkedIn->actionLinkedInRegister()
#2 /home/kingharrison/theiforums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 /home/kingharrison/theiforums/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(48) "http://theiforums.com/register/linkedin/register"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["/register/linkedin/register"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(13) {
["username"] => string(7) "dkf"
["email"] => string(18) "dk@test.com"
["dob_month"] => string(1) "5"
["dob_day"] => string(2) "03"
["dob_year"] => string(4) "1972"
["gender"] => string(4) "male"
["timezone"] => string(16) "America/New_York"
["agree"] => string(1) "1"
["associate_login"] => string(0) ""
["associate_password"] => string(8) "********"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["redirect"] => string(22) "http://theiforums.com/"
["linkedin_token"] => string(0) ""
}
}

I am getting some errors when a user tries to do initial registration through LinkedIn. They are getting an invalid email error:

Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: email - library/ExternalExtended/Extend/ControllerPublic/LinkedIn.php:217
Generated By: Unknown Account, 7 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/kingharrison/theiforums/library/ExternalExtended/Extend/ControllerPublic/LinkedIn.php(217): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/kingharri...', 217, Array)
#1 /home/kingharrison/theiforums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): ExternalExtended_Extend_ControllerPublic_LinkedIn->actionLinkedInRegister()
#2 /home/kingharrison/theiforums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 /home/kingharrison/theiforums/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(48) "http://theiforums.com/register/linkedin/register"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["/register/linkedin/register"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(13) {
["username"] => string(7) "dkf"
["email"] => string(18) "dk@test.com"
["dob_month"] => string(1) "5"
["dob_day"] => string(2) "03"
["dob_year"] => string(4) "1972"
["gender"] => string(4) "male"
["timezone"] => string(16) "America/New_York"
["agree"] => string(1) "1"
["associate_login"] => string(0) ""
["associate_password"] => string(8) "********"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["redirect"] => string(22) "http://theiforums.com/"
["linkedin_token"] => string(0) ""
}
}
I'll post an update fixing this later today or tomorrow :)

Top Bottom