Expiring User Upgrades

Expiring User Upgrades [Paid] 2.1.5

No permission to buy ($20.00)

doublespaces

I manually upgraded myself as a test on the 12th, set to expire on the 13th. It is now the 14th, showing I have an active upgrade, yet I just got an email saying it is 'expiring soon' and when I go to the account upgrades area it says it expired yesterday but no option to extend or purchase.

Xon

You need to configure the upgrade to be extendable, also the expiry handling can look a little wonky depending on when the cron-task runs as there is an expiry grace-period before the actual expiry happens and thus the 'expired' email

webbouk

Hi @Xon , there is a small typo on two phrases as below..

'You' should read 'Your' in the following two phrases:

exup_conversation_expired_subscription_title

exup_conversation_expired_upgrade_title

Regards,

Reactions: Xon

doublespaces

I have this addon disabled and it is still sending this PM: This is a courtesy message to let you know that one of your user upgrades is about to expire in less than 7 days:

Not to mention, these are monthly subscriptions. What did I do wrong?

doublespaces

Do you have a dev/staging board? That hasn't had mail disabled correctly?
I do, however the addon and mail is disabled:

And these are conversations which I can see being opened with the users, the domain is not the same either.

BirdOPrey5

I don't think it does, but just to be sure, can this mod be used to send an email to the site administrator (or some other email address) when a subscription ends or when a recurring subscription is cancelled?

Xon

There is the "BCC On Actions" option which can BCC an admin/email address(for "expired_subscription"), which handles the subscription 'ending'. But it doesn't capture them canceling the recurring subscription.

BirdOPrey5

Thank you. I would need the feature to know when someone cancelled an automatically renewed subscription and send an email, if it's possible to add that (I have no idea the difficulty) I would buy this in a second.

BirdOPrey5

Actually I think I misread that... This looks like what it does what I need it to do. It can email me when the subscription ends, doesn;t have to email on cancel which can be a different time.

BirdOPrey5

OK so I am only interested in sending emails (to the administrator) under the following 2 conditions) - and be aware the site only has recurring upgrades. One time upgrades are not available.

1) When a new recurring upgrade/subscription is purchased (that is purchased for the first time. Do not want emails for regular renewals)
2) When a subscription ends (it was not renewed)
3) When a charge is reversed

Can I get confirmation what should be in the "BCC on actions" box? I have this now:

Code:
purchased_upgrade
purchased_subscription
expired_upgrade
expired_subscription
reversal_extend_subscription
reversal_extend_upgrade
payment_reversal_subscription
I assumed it was working fine until today I got a "purchase" email for someone who best I can tell was just the regular renewal of their existing subscription. There is a tiny chance they cancelled their subscription and repurchased it in one week that went by from when I took inventory of who has what upgrade and when I installed this, but it seems very unlikely.

I assume the actions that end in _upgrade are for one time upgrades and the ones that end in _subscription are for recurring upgrades...

Thank you.

Xon

OK so I am only interested in sending emails (to the administrator) under the following 2 conditions) - and be aware the site only has recurring upgrades. One time upgrades are not available.
Admin's get a copy of the emails users are sent.

Do you want users to be sent emails about their subscription renewing?

I assume the actions that end in _upgrade are for one time upgrades and the ones that end in _subscription are for recurring upgrades...
Correct. _upgrade means a non-recurring user upgrade, and _subscription refers to a recurring user upgrade.

It looks like purchased_subscription is fired off every time the subscription (ie recurring user upgrade) is renewed :(

I think a simple toggle around the purchased_subscription to only trigger on new subscriptions would be sane.

Joe Link

Add "Notify user upon extending a recurring user upgrade/subscription?" option (default disable)
Fantastic! I know some of our users were getting annoyed by these every month.

Reactions: Xon

BirdOPrey5

I updated to 2.1.0 when it came out and "Notify user upon extending a recurring user upgrade/subscription?" is set to NO, but people are still getting monthly notifications of renewals... Including me. (Yes I have a paid upgrade to a forum I admin.) Is there anything you need from me to help fix this?