XF 1.3 EXIF Rotation, ACP Searching, Proxying and Change Logging

Here are a handful of new 1.3 features neatly packaged up into a single video for your viewing entertainment...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View on Vimeo

Update, Jan 15 - Case Sensitivity 101

There have been various questions about what case sensitive searching means in the video...

In a nutshell, without case sensitivity, searching for 'Foo' would return all results containing any combination of uppercase and lowercase letters spelling 'foo', such as 'foo', 'fOo', 'foO' and 'Foo'.

However, with case sensitivity enabled, searching for 'Foo' would only return results that contain exactly 'Foo', while other combinations of uppercase and lowercase letters would be ignored.

Last edited:
@Kier,

Is it possible to include images outside of posts into the proxy?

The intentional I see in this is in for customers that want to use SSL on their site but can't because they are running CDNs through their style and other things.

As we all know most CDN Providers if at all charge you 500+ for custom serts and shared ssls can't be used with CNAMEs, making the URLs needlessly long. While I don't care that people see long CDN Urls if we went with SharedSSL, for backend purposes, we care about using our CDN with our own subdomain via CNAME, thus we don't use SSL for the site so the browsers don't moan.

However if we can insert links into the proxy for images, not in posts, we can SSL and keep our CDN config the way it is.

@Kier,

Is it possible to include images outside of posts into the proxy?

The intentional I see in this is in for customers that want to use SSL on their site but can't because they are running CDNs through their style and other things.

As we all know most CDN Providers if at all charge you 500+ for custom serts and shared ssls can't be used with CNAMEs, making the URLs needlessly long. While I don't care that people see long CDN Urls if we went with SharedSSL, for backend purposes, we care about using our CDN with our own subdomain via CNAME, thus we don't use SSL for the site so the browsers don't moan.

However if we can insert links into the proxy for images, not in posts, we can SSL and keep our CDN config the way it is.
You'd be entirely undoing the CDN then. (The proxy has the server get the image, and then the server serves it directly. Any other approach doesn't really solve the problem/give the benefits.)

User Change Log is great... One less addon. Now I just need to make an importer for it I suppose (for my not-as good one that I use in-house). :)

Image Proxy - just proves Kier and I are on the same brainwaves or something. Although I saw a couple things in the video that are probably going to make me keep my own.

EXIF rotation - again, same brainwaves because I had just started working on this last night (really)... Guess that can be shelved. :)

User changes log:
  1. How long will the log in the database?
  2. Is it possible to remove it, if necessary?

Salud2

Man I just bought this from DigitalPoint for $25 and it only included images.

Now it's free in Xenforo 1.3. Should've waited. Christ...

Will there be an option to update the rotation of existing pictures during the upgrade process or later with a maintenance tool.

Top Bottom