XF 1.3 EXIF Rotation, ACP Searching, Proxying and Change Logging

Here are a handful of new 1.3 features neatly packaged up into a single video for your viewing entertainment...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View on Vimeo

Update, Jan 15 - Case Sensitivity 101

There have been various questions about what case sensitive searching means in the video...

In a nutshell, without case sensitivity, searching for 'Foo' would return all results containing any combination of uppercase and lowercase letters spelling 'foo', such as 'foo', 'fOo', 'foO' and 'Foo'.

However, with case sensitivity enabled, searching for 'Foo' would only return results that contain exactly 'Foo', while other combinations of uppercase and lowercase letters would be ignored.

Last edited:
If you so choose.
Good. (y)

Now I just need the option to prevent people from turning a photo into a link. I've had a few spammers recently do this. They would join, post like normal people, then slowly start sharing photos, but use them as links. Maybe also a good idea to prevent the smilies from doing that too.... As I just did in this post.

Is there a way to extend the Link Proxy to include a warning system that you'll leave the site now if the admin chooses to display it? Much like a forwarder-warning to show the user he is leaving the site. Think it would be possible to, as the new feature is related closesly to it.

Does the proxy apply to images and links in conversations?
Could be considered a bit of a privacy issue if it does, as the proxied items will show in the admin log.

Does the proxy apply to images and links in conversations?
Could be considered a bit of a privacy issue if it does, as the proxied items will show in the admin log.
I hope it does.

Good way to know if someone is slowly trying to tell people to leave your site to go somewhere else.

I completely support anything that helps me monitor user activity.

... slightly ironic seeing someone support big brother that owns the domain "socially uncensored" lol

*Note: I'm not saying that I disagree, just find it funny.
:ROFLMAO:

I see the irony in it too.

But maybe because we're uncensored, I often have to deal with a new kind of evil. And my evil usually has the habit of becoming your evil later down the road.

(and yours and yours too and you, yes you, all the way in the back, yours too LoL)

Is there a way to extend the Link Proxy to include a warning system that you'll leave the site now if the admin chooses to display it? Much like a forwarder-warning to show the user he is leaving the site. Think it would be possible to, as the new feature is related closesly to it.
Agree. (y)

Sometimes, I'd rather not know what kind of filth and debauchery my users are sharing. :D
There's already a report option if what is going on isn't acceptable to the parties involved.
Some communities have an "out of sight, out of mind" mentality. That meaning they don't use the report button and just ignore things.

Related: The download button for this video is missing at the vimeo site while it's there for all other xenforo videos.

Thank you for this new HYS Video :)

Some questions I have. Does the link proxy differenciate between internal and external links and/or some kind of black-/whitelists?

Also the possibility to forward links to a link-anonymizer like anonym.to would be nice. see xenforo.com

Does the proxy server download images to your local XF install (to be served locally thereafter if the proxy is left on) --- or does it only cache them temporarily and maintain a link with the original external source?

There isn't currently any functionality that shows external referers to images, correct? A person would still have to rely on their analytical information for that?

Top Bottom