Not planned Exclude Commercial Resources from Most Downloaded

Dad.

Hello there!

I could be wrong, but I think commercial resources should not include the download count. This is due to the fact that there is no file to download as the resources are located off the server. I think it would it be best to exclude commercial resources from the most downloaded tab (example: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/categories/styles.29/?order=download_count)

Or, another option, is to tally the outbound links (tally when people click the orange Buy now for XX.XX), and have an extra tab for them or something.

Thanks,
Mike

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Further development related to commercial resources is planned, including a full payment system.
At that point, download tracking will function the same as for any other resource.

Good. But I don't see why you can't download a commercial resource from here.

I would suspect that Xenforo will take a small percentage of the price for allowing the Author to advertise his Addon here on Xenforo.

But they could make the download link to the developer's site OR open a private Conversation with them, developer selects.
As posted above, that's exactly what happens.

The developer has the choice of where to redirect the download button; their own site, PayPal, conversation, etc.

Top Bottom