1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not Planned Exclude Commercial Resources from Most Downloaded

Discussion in 'Resource Manager Closed Suggestions' started by Mike Creuzer, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Mike Creuzer

Mike Creuzer Well-Known Member

Hello there!

I could be wrong, but I think commercial resources should not include the download count. This is due to the fact that there is no file to download as the resources are located off the server. I think it would it be best to exclude commercial resources from the most downloaded tab (example: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/categories/styles.29/?order=download_count)

Or, another option, is to tally the outbound links (tally when people click the orange Buy now for XX.XX), and have an extra tab for them or something.

Thanks,
    Mike

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. Mike Creuzer

4. RobinHood

RobinHood Well-Known Member

A separate view for most downloaded free and commercial resources would be cool.

5. Brogan

Further development related to commercial resources is planned, including a full payment system.

At that point, download tracking will function the same as for any other resource.

kyrgyz, Morgain and Mike Creuzer like this.
  6. Mike Creuzer

Oh yeah? Then that trumps this for sure :p. Sounds good, and you can count me in for whenever that is done.

7. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

Good. But I don't see why you can't download a commercial resource from here.

8. Mike Creuzer

No payment gateway is built yet. XenForo/author couldn't accept the money.

9. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

Oh right yes I see.
    But they could make the download link to the developer's site OR open a private Conversation with them, developer selects.

10. Itworx4me

Itworx4me Well-Known Member

I would suspect that Xenforo will take a small percentage of the price for allowing the Author to advertise his Addon here on Xenforo.

11. TheRevTastic

TheRevTastic Well-Known Member

It already does link to the 3rd party site.

12. Brogan

As posted above, that's exactly what happens.

The developer has the choice of where to redirect the download button; their own site, PayPal, conversation, etc.

Morgain likes this.