XF 2.2 Errors after CentOS 7 upgrade.

Good morning,

My VPS server with Bluehost was just reimaged with CentOS 7 yesterday as CentOS 6 is no longer supported.

I'm having a couple issues with XenForo 2.2 after restoring the new image from the backup from my previous server.

First issue is reactions and new posts don't show until a user refreshes the page. Console is logging:
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 () posts/350968/react?reaction_id=1:1

Second issue is push notifications. They are generating server errors by the thousands.
  • ErrorException: Fatal Error: Declaration of XF\Service\Alert\Pusher::setInitialProperties(XF\Entity\UserAlert $alert) must be compatible with XF\Service\PusherTrait::setInitialProperties(...$properties)
  • src/XF/Service/Alert/Pusher.php:33

Lastly, rebuilding Trophy caches results in a 500 error and never completes. It is stuck in a pending job state.

I have rebuilt all caches as my first step of troubleshooting.

I'm going to see if I can get to the bottom of these issues today, but thought I would post them here to see if anyone could quickly point me into the right direction for resolving these issues.

Thanks,
Chris

Looking through the server error logs, nothing but the push notifications are being logged.

The 500 error showing in console doesn't appear to be being logged in the log file in my root directory. To date I haven't been able to get a full error and the 500 alone has been frustrating to troubleshoot.

Would enabling
PHP:
$config['debug'] = true;
possibly work to get the actual error to display?

Looks like it's related to push notifications as I'm now seeing the following error in console after enabling debugging:
core-compiled.js?_v=99e9e969:57 PHP: <br />
<b>Fatal error</b>: Declaration of XF\Service\Alert\Pusher::setInitialProperties(XF\Entity\UserAlert $alert) must be compatible with XF\Service\PusherTrait::setInitialProperties(...$properties) in <b>/home/needles8/public_html/src/XF/Service/Alert/Pusher.php</b> on line <b>33</b><br />

This temporary fix has solved all of my issues for now:

Yes this is a PHP 8 specific issue. There's a workaround in the bug report:

I Got the workaround in place for the bug and everything is working good so far since doing that.

Surprised that PHP 8 came over by default with a new CentOS 7.9 Image. PHP 7.4 does appear to be available to install if I need to downgrade.

Top Bottom