Error after uploading almost 200 pics

Skylined

I created a new album and uploaded 197 pics (about 500 KB each), then when I hit Save Media and I got an error saying The server responded with an error. The error message is in the JavaScript console.

I then uploaded a single pic and even 40 pics without any problem, but I cannot upload 197.

I'm using Google Chrome, but I'm not sure how to open the JavaScript console, where to go and which information is relevant to know what's wrong and how to fix it.

The JS console probably won't tell you much info.

Basically this is mostly expected due to various server constraints.

It's likely possible to change some values in php.ini that will help. post_max_size is usually a culprit along with max_input_vars.

These will want to be at least 4 or 5 times (maybe more) larger than they are currently. Even then, there may be other configurations that have an effect on it. The webserver/PHP would need to be restarted after making any changes here.

Ultimately, it would probably be easier to do 4 or 5 separate uploads.

It's not really possible to say. If it doesn't currently work, those values may need changing, but there may be other factors. If you're not sure if what you're doing is correct, seek help from your host.

Top Bottom