[Endless Horizon] Social Share

[Endless Horizon] Social Share 2.2.3

No permission to download
The solution I used is
Code:
<xen:if is="@enableResponsive">
@media (max-width:@maxResponsiveNarrowWidth)
{
    .Responsive .sharePage
    {
        display: block;
    }
}
</xen:if>
Added to extra.css

Also you may refer to prior post on this Discussed here

@Brick Yeah, on sidebar_share_page.css template, this code exist by default:
Code:
<xen:if is="@enableResponsive">
@media (max-width:@maxResponsiveNarrowWidth)
{
    .Responsive .sidebar .sharePage
    {
        display: none;
    }
}
</xen:if>
So basically, it will hide the widget on screen size that is at least 480px (default value) or smaller. On my site, that part is commented out with <xen:comment>, though I can't remember when I did that. So yeah, on my site the share button will never hide itself. If you want it to appear on mobile screen, I suggest you comment that out with <xen:comment> as well.
Hi

How to comment that out with <xen:comment> exactly? I am newbie for css coding, apologize.. if you dont mind please give me some elaboration or reveal the path step by step please?

That will be highly much appriciated.

Thank you

Hi

How to comment that out with <xen:comment> exactly? I am newbie for css coding, apologize.. if you dont mind please give me some elaboration or reveal the path step by step please?

That will be highly much appriciated.

Thank you
Eeach style uses its own EXTRA.css If you are ever unsure of something. Copy contents of pre-edit version of a template and past to notepad or editor you use. That way always have your original template.
Its rather easy to do. By default EXTRA.css should be blank depending on if using a custom style or not. Just copy and paste to code below any other lines and save. It works best for me because I make template edits often and when I revert a another the .css stays put. There are options though. By default xenforo dose not show default share buttons on smaller screens.

About the image for pintrest. Notice the line as mentioned in above post. Just add the path to the image your server uses. At first look can be missed http://www.kebunpedia.com/styles/default/xenforo/logo.og.png the underlined part has or had to be edited. You may have already found it. Its in addon options.

@bibitbunga You HAVE to change it into a working image. For example, you can use this: http://www.kebunpedia.com/styles/default/xenforo/logo.og.png
In 1.4.2, I'll add an option to force the add-on to use any included og:image meta tag on the website. If you use a certain add-on, you may also use the first image within a thread.
Thanks, the problem with Pinterest Image is solved. Sorry for such newbie question :D, but the problem with share not showing in smaller device, persists, unfortunately.. Please check these out..

Eeach style uses its own EXTRA.css If you are ever unsure of something. Copy contents of pre-edit version of a template and past to notepad or editor you use. That way always have your original template.
Its rather easy to do. By default EXTRA.css should be blank depending on if using a custom style or not. Just copy and paste to code below any other lines and save. It works best for me because I make template edits often and when I revert a another the .css stays put. There are options though. By default xenforo dose not show default share buttons on smaller screens.

About the image for pintrest. Notice the line as mentioned in above post. Just add the path to the image your server uses. At first look can be missed http://www.kebunpedia.com/styles/default/xenforo/logo.og.png the underlined part has or had to be edited. You may have already found it. Its in addon options.

Thank you a lot @Brick for the elaboration. I have just implemented your code, added it to my blank extra.css but nothing works :( the button is still hidden in smaller devices.

Am I doing wrong? Here is the screenshot:
sharebuttonhidden.webp

Update:
@BobbyWibowo I have also comment out that part on that sidebar_share_page.css, but nothing works :( (commented it out and also added @Brick 's code to extra.css)

sharebuttonhidden-2.webp

Last edited:
Thanks, the problem with Pinterest Image is solved. Sorry for such newbie question :D, but the problem with share not showing in smaller device, persists, unfortunately.. Please check these out..

Thank you a lot @Brick for the elaboration. I have just implemented your code, added it to my blank extra.css but nothing works :( the button is still hidden in smaller devices.

Am I doing wrong? Here is the screenshot:
View attachment 130612

Are you editing the template for the style being used? That's how I have shown share on mobile devices. Very odd, that it did not work. Myself would not change other template. Assuming, only one template was done at separate times.

@bibitbunga If you've commented out the one on sidebar_share_page.css template, there's really no need to add the other one in EXTRA.css template.

And, after going to your site, I can see that the code is still in your sidebar_share_page.css template.
Screenshot (141).webp

Are you editing the template for the style being used? That's how I have shown share on mobile devices. Very odd, that it did not work. Myself would not change other template. Assuming, only one template was done at separate times.
Sure, I only use the default style. its the only style in my admin cpanel, nothing else.. and still no luck
@bibitbunga If you've commented out the one on sidebar_share_page.css template, there's really no need to add the other one in EXTRA.css template.

And, after going to your site, I can see that the code is still in your sidebar_share_page.css template.
View attachment 130630
yes I have done as mentioned above, I have reset all the settings in extra.css and edited sidebar_share_page.css and still no luck. What have I missed? :(

Glad you got it. I just visited on my phone and all good. Sorry for any confusion. Notice, code I use does not point to sidebar, just share page. Which EXTRA.css is designed to override and not effect updating forum software. You're welcome @bibitbunga :)

Ah right, I didn't know that there were 2 of them. Apparently I already had them both commented out with <xen:comment>, lol..
Screenshot (146).webp Screenshot (145).webp

Well, anyway, glad you have it sorted out.

Glad you got it. I just visited on my phone and all good. Sorry for any confusion. Notice, code I use does not point to sidebar, just share page. Which EXTRA.css is designed to override and not effect updating forum software. You're welcome @bibitbunga :)
You're such a good friend Brick! ;) thank you
Ah right, I didn't know that there were 2 of them. Apparently I already had them both commented out with <xen:comment>, lol..
View attachment 130633 View attachment 130634

Well, anyway, glad you have it sorted out.

Awesome. Thanks a lot for this quality product Bobby Wibowo. It was unexpected to see you from Medan Indonesia. I live in Makassar Sulawesi Selatan.. Its been an honor to use your product.

@BobbyWibowo @Brick

Apologize but I have just noticed one more problem. Share count does not appear for all social media enabled in my site kebunpedia.com.. Could I have missed the option? I did not see any options related to enable share count or not. Or by default this addon counts all the share? If that is the case, then mine have problem or error.

Kebunpedia.com homepage has been shared more than 7k facebook.. Its strange if we click share this page then no number appears.

Thank you very much :)

BobbyWibowo updated [Endless Horizon] Social Share with a new update entry:

Updated to 1.4.1

• There are now 2 phrases for the text that you see when you hover the share count. One for when the share count is only 1 (singular), and the other one is for when the share count is 0 or more than 1 (plural).
  • You can now tell the add-on to use Open Graph image for the Pinterest share. You simply have to empty "Pinterest: Media" option and it will work out the magic. But make sure that you've enabled Open Graph beforehand...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I checked the "facebook share count" option but i can't see the share count even as "Zero" too. Twitter and Google plus shows the "Zero" at corner but facebook not. @BobbyWibowo

Also, i shared a thread on my facebook, twitter, google plus accounts but i still see share counts as ZERO.

What may be problem?

I checked the "facebook share count" option but i can't see the share count even as "Zero" too. Twitter and Google plus shows the "Zero" at corner but facebook not.
Try to enable cURL Debug option and change the value of Cache ID Suffix option (to force the add-on to refresh cache). Then, visit some random pages of your forums which have the "share this page" widget. After that, refresh the homepage of your Admin CP. By then, you should have some debug messages in the Server Error Logs.
Also, i shared a thread on my facebook, twitter, google plus accounts but i still see share counts as ZERO.
If you enabled share counts caching, then you'll have to wait till its cache expired. But if you just want to experiment with the share counts, then you can try to disable share counts caching (NOT RECOMMENDED on a live site with lots of visitors).

I set a different cache value to options also enabled the debug cache hit mode.

Twitter and Google Plus shows the like count, but facebook not. (Even it doesn't show the Zero number at the corner too, but twitter and google shows)
Ekran Resmi 2016-03-20 11.29.04.webp

I enabled the debug mode, i think we have a problem related with facebook CURL.

Ekran Resmi 2016-03-20 11.32.06.webp

Server has CURL and works without problem until now.
DEBUG: cURL (facebook): Operation timed out after 500 milliseconds with 0 out of -1 bytes received

Code:
XenForo_Exception: DEBUG: cURL (facebook): Operation timed out after 500 milliseconds with 0 out of -1 bytes received - library/EndlessHorizon/SocialShare/Listener.php:35
Generated By: Unknown Account, 3 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/nginx/domains/domain.com/public/forum/library/EndlessHorizon/SocialShare/Listener.php(92): EndlessHorizon_SocialShare_Listener::logExceptionByType('DEBUG: cURL (fa...', 2)
#1 /home/nginx/domains/domain.com/public/forum/library/EndlessHorizon/SocialShare/Listener.php(213): EndlessHorizon_SocialShare_Listener::getCount('facebook', 'http://www.maxi...', '500', true, true, '1', true, '1', Array)
#2 [internal function]: EndlessHorizon_SocialShare_Listener::getShareCounts('', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public))
#3 /home/nginx/domains/domain.com/public/forum/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(330): call_user_func(Array, '', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public))
#4 /home/nginx/domains/domain.com/public/forum/internal_data/templates/S.2,L.2,eh_socialshare_js.php(15): XenForo_Template_Abstract->callTemplateCallback('EndlessHorizon_...', 'getShareCounts', '', Array)
#5 /home/nginx/domains/domain.com/public/forum/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(260): include('/home/nginx/dom...')
#6 /home/nginx/domains/domain.com/public/forum/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(191): XenForo_Template_Abstract->_renderInternal('/home/nginx/dom...', Array)
#7 /home/nginx/domains/domain.com/public/forum/library/XenForo/Template/Public.php(110): XenForo_Template_Abstract->render()
#8 /home/nginx/domains/domain.com/public/forum/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(528): XenForo_Template_Public->render()
#9 [internal function]: XenForo_Template_Abstract->__toString()
#10 /home/nginx/domains/domain.com/public/forum/library/EndlessHorizon/SocialShare/Listener.php(255): str_replace('<!--EHSS_Requir...', Object(XenForo_Template_Public), '<!DOCTYPE html>...')
#11 [internal function]: EndlessHorizon_SocialShare_Listener::front_controller_post_view(Object(XenForo_FrontController), '<!DOCTYPE html>...')
#12 /home/nginx/domains/domain.com/public/forum/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(90): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#13 /home/nginx/domains/domain.com/public/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(183): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('front_controlle...', Array)
#14 /home/nginx/domains/domain.com/public/forum/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#15 {main}

@BobbyWibowo

Top Bottom