[Endless Horizon] Social Share

[Endless Horizon] Social Share 2.2.3

No permission to download
Are you sure that the included certificate bundle exist at /library/EndlessHorizon/SocialShare/cacert.pem? And what is your system distribution (Win/Lin)?

Also consider updating the file with the latest: https://curl.haxx.se/ca/cacert.pem
Linux. Pretty sure I uploaded the files via ftp over righting previous versions. I'll look at trouble shooting it in more detail later. Update: Same issue on test site. Same server, no gplus ssl cert error. I also want to make sure no other add-ons are interfering by a clean install on test server. Does my own ssl cert. have anything to do with it?

Edit: Certificate data from Mozilla as of: Wed Jan 20 04:12:04 2016 at time of this post.
Time stamps are the same on new and previous file, so that is good.

My cURL, maybe?

Last edited:
I can only assume that. Which version of cURL?
PHP Version 5.4.43
cURL Information 7.38.0

server error log image of share.webp

Edit: Maybe link that fetches google plus in Listener.php ?
Code:
https://plusone.google.com/u/0/_/+1/fastbutton?count=true&url={url}

Last edited:
@Brick There seems to be an issue with the mechanism to get share count from the fetched content of Google Plus share button. If I visit the link directly, I can see that my page is getting 2 shares, but it's displaying as 0 on my site. I'll try to take a look. I'll also try to do something about that certificate issue on your side. For the time being, you may disable share count for Google Plus.

BobbyWibowo updated [Endless Horizon] Social Share with a new update entry:

Updated to 1.3.2

• Share count for Pinterest will now fetch counts from widgets.pinterest.com instead of api.pinterest.com. Heard rumors saying that widgets.pinterest.com would respond faster, and I thought it wouldn't hurt to try.
  • Fixed share count issue for Google Plus where it would never return any number but 0 on successful fetch.
  • Added new option: "cURL Option: Verify Host & Peer" to tell cURL to verify host and peer (basically use SSL). This option is enabled by...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Well, the fix was only to solve issue where the fetch was successful but it would keep on returning zero share counts (happened on my forums). Can you try to disable cURL Option: Verify Host & Peer option and see what happen?
On a side note, if share counts were still stored on cache, even if you updated the add-on, it would still use the stored cache. And even if you suddenly decreased the cache time, it would still use the old cache until it expired. You'd have to manually clear the cache of whichever back-end caching you had to force it to reload. I have yet to figure out how add an option to clear cache of the share counts only.

Well, the fix was only to solve issue where the fetch was successful but it would keep on returning zero share counts (happened on my forums). Can you try to disable cURL Option: Verify Host & Peer option and see what happen?
On a side note, if share counts were still stored on cache, even if you updated the add-on, it would still use the stored cache. And even if you suddenly decreased the cache time, it would still use the old cache until it expired. You'd have to manually clear the cache of whichever back-end caching you had to force it to reload. I have yet to figure out how add an option to clear cache of the share counts only.
Still does not change or fetch for me. "Can you try to disable cURL Option: Verify Host & Peer option and see what happen?" So far the only thing that does for me is remove error from server about ssl. Still does not fetch either way.

Still does not change or fetch for me. So far the only thing that does for me is remove error from server ERROR: cURL (googleplus): SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate.
No error message after disabling ssl. No fetch either.

I will look into it later today. Updating this post. php Also is not a strong suit of mine.

EDIT: First test of true failed. I change to $useCertInfo = false;
works for me to fetch on test script. Thank you ;)

Comment this line out in Listener.php if you have this issue.
Code:
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_CAINFO, getcwd().'/library/EndlessHorizon/SocialShare/cacert.pem');

Last edited:
1.3.3 beta 3 is available on the GitHub releases: https://github.com/BobbyWibowo/EHSS_SocialShare/releases
The changelogs are available there. Whoever have the time, please spare some of your time to test it out. If it's all working fine, I'll upload it to the RM as a stable version.
On a side note, I'm using exactly that on my forums. I have yet to encounter any issues though.

Updating now. Will let you know in the AM if any errors occur. :)

@andybond, Alright, thanks for the feedback! ;) I'll add a little bit more code improvements then upload the final version as soon as possible. But I'll name it as v1.4 to make it easier for those who have used the beta versions to upgrade.

BobbyWibowo updated [Endless Horizon] Social Share with a new update entry:

Updated to 1.4.0

Note: 1.4.0 is basically the final version of 1.3.3 beta. Beta releases are only available on the GitHub page.

Changes on 1.3.3 beta 1:
  • Added new option: "Cache ID Suffix" to force the add-on to add suffix to cache ID, thus also forcing it to fetch new share counts even if the previous share counts were available on the cache.
  • Improved phrase of some admin options.
  • Rephrased all log messages...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Just an informational update. The beta has seemed stable on my end. I do get an occasional timeout error for cURL However, it does not seem to be a consistent issue. (y)

Hello @BobbyWibowo thank you for such great add-on

I have just added your add-on to our forum kebunpedia.com

But the floating social buttons add-on does not work on mobile devices. If visitors online via mobile phone then they would not see the share button..

I have searched to the options you provide but it does not seem to have one that enabling/disabling buttons if viewed by mobile phone or tablet.

May I have the solution please?

Thank you before :)

Top Bottom