Additional requirements
Font Awesome 4.5 or newer
PHP 5.2 or newer
cURL (optional)
License
MIT License
Visible branding
No
Overlay social share widget. Yet another replacement for the default Share This Page widget.

Screenshot_20171005_233912.webp

Ps. This image is from version 2.2.3 (the update which includes a few more sites that aren't available in any other screenshots within this page).

screenshot-www.endlesshorizon.net 2016-07-25 15-59-09.webpscreenshot-www.endlesshorizon.net 2016-07-25 16-31-59.webpscreenshot-www.endlesshorizon.net 2016-08-06 04-28-37.webpscreenshot-www.endlesshorizon.net 2016-07-25 16-35-34.webpscreenshot-www.endlesshorizon.net 2016-08-06 04-27-41.webp1470432916464screensave.webpscreenshot-www.endlesshorizon.net 2016-08-06 04-26-54.webpscreenshot-www.endlesshorizon.net 2016-08-06 04-27-26.webpscreenshot-www.endlesshorizon.net 2016-08-06 04-29-50.webp

Notable Features:
  • Uses Font Awesome for icons
    Instead of using images, it will utilize Font Awesome.
    Of course with some knowledge in CSS you can still use your own images.
    Ps. Except for LINE, though it's disabled by default (still waiting for the icon to be added to Font Awesome).

• No third-party JavaScript calls on page load for share counts
    This add-on will do a template callback to tell your server to fetch share counts on every* page load (and ONLY on pages which have the share this page widget). So this add-on will NEVER make your clients query any third-party social sites. If you're concerned about your client's privacy, then this will be a great alternative.
    Ps. Caching available (see below).

• Cache share counts (Memcached, Redis, etc.)
    Fetching share counts on EVERY page load will surely deal a considerable amount of performance impact, but caching them will negate most of the impact. To use this feature, you MUST have any back-end caching enabled for your XenForo installation.
    Since it uses XenForo's internal caching mechanism, technically you can use whichever back-end caching that XenForo supports.
    Ps. I have only tested this with Memcached and Redis (using Zend Redis Cache add-on).

• Customizable cache timeout
    By default the add-on will retain cache for 6 hours. You can however extend the timeout should you feel it's necessary.

• Customizable cURL settings
    You can customize some cURL settings, such as timeout* or whether to use secure connection or not. Ps. By default you have the ability to set cURL timeout in milliseconds, but on certain cURL version the add-on will seamlessly fallback to seconds (due to lack of support on some older versions).
    * As of version 2.0.0, the timeout setting will affect file_get_contents as well (in case you don't use cURL).

• Ability to add Share This Page widget on top of threads, pages, threads list* and post's permalink**
    Additionally on threads, you can also add the Share This Page widget above the quick reply area (will still be visible to guests) and within the quick reply area (alongside Post Reply button - will only be visible to those who can reply to the threads).
    * Support for threads list added in version 2.0.0.
    ** Support for post's permalink added in version 2.1.0.

*** Support for adding the button within the quick reply area added in version 2.2.3.

• [bd] Widget Framework support
    You'll just have to add the built-in Share This Page widget renderer anywhere you like.

• Phrases support
    With phrases support, it's possible to display different texts in different languages.
    The phrases have "EHSS" tag somewhere on their title, so you can just search for "EHSS" (without the double quotes) to see all available phrases for the add-on.
    No phrases support for the social site names yet. I may add phrase support for them in the future if there are any demands.

• Responsive design
    There's not much to say about this. It simply displays just fine either on desktop, tablet, mobile or most of other devices.

• Scroll down to "Admin CP options" section for full features and explanations

• More? Feel free to submit a feature request on the Discussion thread

Additional Notes:
  • There is no Style Properties yet. Any customization must be made on the templates. If you want to tweak the design, edit eh_socialshare.css template. And if you want to tweak the item's settings (such as the CSS class that it will use for the icon, share link format, etc.), edit eh_socialshare_js template.
    * Since version 2.x there have been plenty of things that you can customize from Style Properties.

• This add-on was not originally made on the Default Theme, so you may have to tweak the styling a little for it to work perfectly on the Default Theme. Though it should display just fine on any UI.X-based themes. Also, I can guarantee that the overlay display will look nearly identical in any themes as long as you have Font Awesome (which you can also add through the add-on's Admin CP options).

• Untested with XenForo 1.2 and 1.3. Most likely it will work just fine though. Feel free to test it out.

Admin CP options:
download.webpdownload_2.webpdownload_3.webpdownload_4.webpdownload_5.webp

Contributions:
If you appreciate this add-on, I'll be grateful to accept your donations.
PayPal.Me: https://www.paypal.me/BobbyBanjarnahor
Other than donation, you may also contribute by submitting your honest review to this add-on.

Contributing features and/or bug fixes:
Please make a pull request on the GitHub repository: https://github.com/BobbyWibowo/EH_SocialShare
Author
BobbyWibowo
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

5.00 star(s) 9 ratings

Latest updates

1. Updated to 2.2.3

Skipping 2.2.2. I updated my development files to 2.2.2 a long time ago, and I feel like I've...
  2. Updated to 2.2.1

Better compatibility with [Nobita] Minify HTML add-on. Added a new option called "Enable...
  3. Updated to 2.2.0

ALERT: Almost all variable names in eh_socialshare_js template were renamed. If you had...

Latest reviews

Awesome addon, so beautiful, in both desktop and responsive mobile versions. Works like a charm! Great support of author too - thank you very much!
brilliant add-on. A perfect addition to my forum. Nice, aesthetic, and saves a lot of space in my sidebar.
For a free addon it really is quite brilliant! Was shocked how well it works and looks! Controls are easy enough to use and understand!
I really like the interface. Clean and snappy. Thanks for sharing this for free, and for the continued development!
This addon is perfect. It makes the social shares more obvious but tidy. Keep up the good work....
Great user interface, simple to use. Author provides excellent support. A great addition to any theme / style. Back-end user options are simple and straight forward to understand. Always improving.
A pleasant share solution with out a doubt.
Works really well ! Easy to use , looks great and easy to customise. Great reponse and support from the author as well . Cant really ask for more :)
Very nice social sharing option for Xenforo.
Furthermore BobbyWibowo is present and delivers a nice support.
I recommend :)
Great. Does exactly as it states, and looks very nice on my Xenith (UI.X) style. Terrific implementation. Thanks for sharing.
Top Bottom