XF 2.2 Enable writing before registering / experience and spam

polle

1- Anyone that has "Enable writing before registering" active can share some stats for spam? I don't want to activate it to receive 1000 spam posts daily.

2- If the user never completes registration, the content gets deleted? How log it takes to get deleted if that's the case?

Thanks.

Solution
1- Anyone that has "Enable writing before registering" active can share some stats for spam? I don't want to activate it to receive 1000 spam posts daily.
It's not really any different than someone registering and then posting, so it shouldn't make a significant difference.

Indeed, we actually run their content through spam checks and can push the registration itself to manual approval if those spam checks fail, so you can proactively reject the user (rather than spam cleaning them after the fact).

2- If the user never completes registration, the content gets deleted? How log it takes to get deleted if that's the case?
It does get deleted. We keep it around for 21 days currently, as based on feedback, there may be...
It's not really any different than someone registering and then posting, so it shouldn't make a significant difference.

Indeed, we actually run their content through spam checks and can push the registration itself to manual approval if those spam checks fail, so you can proactively reject the user (rather than spam cleaning them after the fact).

It does get deleted. We keep it around for 21 days currently, as based on feedback, there may be situations where it may take some time for user registrations to be completed (notably if staff are slow to approve members).

Solution
Top Bottom