Not a bug Emojis don't display

S Thomas

Affected version
Latest
30045294468_8301b983ae_o.png

That's for Chrome Version 68.0.3440.84 (64-Bit) and Opera Version: 54.0.2952.71 on Windows 8.1. However, https://twitter.github.io/twemoji/2/test/preview.html this works in all browsers.
Also tried in BrowserStack with Chrome 67 just to make sure it's not me (or my eyes).

I use win8.1 and I don’t have any issue viewing the emojis either using google chromre or firefox. Make sure you have "Segoe UI Symbol" font installed.

That's because Microsoft pretty much didn't add emoji support to Windows until Windows 10.
I use win8.1 and I don’t have any issue viewing the emojis either using google chromre or firefox. Make sure you have "Segoe UI Symbol" font installed.

It's working in Firefox on Windows 8.1 on the same machine.
... and that preview page is loading PNG image previews for the emoji.
Yes, that's why it works in all browsers.

IIRC, Firefox replaces emoji automatically with their own graphics set. If your OT thread about the difference in the appearance of emoji was about Firefox then I'd say that looks likely because that certainly isn't the default graphics set that Windows ships with.

It looks like a local system issue with a missing font, as others have said. As far as I can tell emoji support is supposed to be there in Windows 8.1 so if it isn't, then maybe you're missing specific Windows updates or similar.

Top Bottom