Embedding third party software (aMember) in XenForo

SchmitzIT

Hi,

We bought a copy of aMember to run a virtual shop for a customer. That decision was based partially on the features they offer, but also influenced by the fact that they also use the Zend Framework.

The issue I face is that the aMember front-page is a completely separate page that looks alien to the rest of the website. I'd like to try and somehow embed the homepage to fit within the standard XenForo style, but have absolutely no clue how to go about doing something like that.

I imagine I'll have to edit the index file and add the XenForo AutoLoader there, but would someone who might have tried this before be able to explain how I'd then go about ensuring that aMember's page shows up within the XenForo templates?

aMember use XenForo themselves, so asking aMember support would likely be the best point of call?

aMember use XenForo themselves, so asking aMember support would likely be the best point of call?

Yeah, I did that as well. Their solution is copy and paste of the XenForo markup and CSS. I'm not overly thrilled with that (as the header is bound to change over time), so I hope there's a better way somehow.

I have not tried to integrate the two so cannot comment on any particulars ... but ... instead of copying the markup and CSS maybe use a PHP include statement would be a direction to consider.

I have not tried to integrate the two so cannot comment on any particulars ... but ... instead of copying the markup and CSS maybe use a PHP include statement would be a direction to consider.

That was the path I'm hoping to take, yeah. Basically wrap the XF initializer code into the product's index.php. What I'm hoping to find out is how I could then ensure the XF HTML would "Wrap around" the aMember template.

Reactions: LPH
Top Bottom