• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.4 Embed Wistia videos

Hi
I've been reading other posts about doing this and some have been deleted.

Is there an easy way for me to embed Wistia videos into posts?

I notice there are a few other videos sites where you can simply add the URL in the media section, is Wistia going to show up there anytime?

Thanks
Clark

Thank Brogan, is there is BB Code for Dummies page somewhere?
I can see where to add New Custom BB code but what do I add in there that will allow the Wistia videos to play?

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
You replace the unique video identifier with $id which then allows you to embed any video automatically.

Hi there,
Still struggling with this one...

I've tried adding a screenshot to share but it says the file is too large for the server, even though its only 60kb - not sure what I'm doing wrong there?

I've created a Custom BB Code called wistia_video.

All I have done is add the wistia embed code to the HTML Replacement box so I know I'm missing steps, I haven't changed anything else.

My embed code from wisita is this <iframe src="//fast.wistia.net/embed/iframe/brd1i70gdh" allowtransparency="true" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" class="wistia_embed" name="wistia_embed" allowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen width="500" height="281"></iframe><script src="//fast.wistia.net/assets/external/E-v1.js" async></script>

I'm not sure where/how to replace the the unique video identifier?

I would like the video to be in this post: http://riseupbusiness.co.uk/members...eld-famous-step-6-a-buyers-3-step-process.16/

How do I then get the video to show on this post?

Thanks
Clark

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
I believe you posted about the attachment issue elsewhere, so best to continue debugging that there.

You actually want a BB code media site for this. What is the URL for the video you're trying to embed? (We can't see the post.)

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
Based on the embed code you provided, you'd create a media site with:

Match URLs:
Code:
wistia.com/medias/{$id}
Embed HTML:
Code:
<iframe src="//fast.wistia.net/embed/iframe/{$id}" allowtransparency="true" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" class="wistia_embed" name="wistia_embed" allowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen width="500" height="281"></iframe><script src="//fast.wistia.net/assets/external/E-v1.js" async></script>

Thanks Mike

How do I create a media site?

I'm not a developer or coder and my HTML experience is extremely short as you are probably guessing...

Is there a step-by-step guide that I can follow so I can get my videos on my forum? When I bought the media add-on I honestly thought it would just be an embed copy and paste or something simple like that.

Anyway, always happy to learn I just some more basic instructions if that's possible?

Thanks again
Clark

ok, this is what I have done in the BB Code Media Site:

Media Site ID: wistia
Site Title: Wistia
Site URL: http://wistia.com
Checked YES: Show this site on the list of 'supported' sites shown to visitors
Match URLs: wistia.com/medias/{$id}
Embed HTML: <iframe src="//fast.wistia.net/embed/iframe/{$id}" allowtransparency="true" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" class="wistia_embed" name="wistia_embed" allowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen width="500" height="281"></iframe><script src="//fast.wistia.net/assets/external/E-v1.js" async></script>

Is this correct above?

I then went to media > add media > add to an album > embed a video > https://blackberrystore.wistia.com/medias/brd1i70gdh

Error message is: The use of this media site is not allowed.

What have I missed?

Thanks
Clark

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
I would recommend testing to make sure it works in a message first, but you need to say that this type of media site is allowed in the gallery: Media Gallery Options > Media Site Options > Allowed Media Sites