XF 2.1 Email question from member

djbaxter

in memoriam 1947-2022
In vBulletin 4, there were settings that let the admin mask a member's email address but allow other members to send an email to the member (if their settings allowed that) where the email was sent from the forum but included the sender's email address in the email the other person received. (That sounded very confusing as I was typing but I think anyone who migrated from vB4 will recognize it.)

A member on a forum I admin asks whether that or something similar exists in Xenforo 2.

Is the e-mail that I need to provide during the registration available to the forum participants or would they be able to contact me privately through it?

Is there a setting somewhere that allows this? Or alternatively prohibits it? To be honest, I'm not sure he wanted people to be able to email him or wanted to make sure they couldn't.

We don't have any functionality for that exactly. The closest thing is PMs/conversations and there are options over whether they are received or not. You cannot reply to those by email, though, and the sender's email address is never revealed that way.

Thanks. That's basically what I told him. If he wishes, he can reply to a conversation with his email address and ask to continue the conversation that way.

Top Bottom