1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Email Question

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by m3commish, Jun 30, 2015.

1. m3commish

m3commish Active Member

Isn't there a way in the ACP to email your members as a whole? In my prior forum, one of the great features about it was that you could email a single member by typing in the name search and selecting .. you could email groups and most of all, you could email all.

When I go in to the email users, I see no ability to 'send' anything .. maybe I'm just use to the old way of my prior forum, but does anyone know how to do this? Thanks!
  2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Admin CP > Users > Email Users
  3. m3commish

m3commish Active Member

Weird but, I was there yesterday .. and had no ability to 'send' .. it just wasn't there to click. Tonight, it is. That being said, I was able to send to all .. how do I select a couple of chosen members? I see the username and email part ... where it appears I could input a couple letters and was hoping an index of names would pop up .. but didn't. Am I understanding this right? Thanks for the response too, Amaury.
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The user email criteria is the same as the user search, so the name search is "contains", not an exact match. If you want to match a specific set of users, adding them to a user group would probably be the way to go.